PDA

View Full Version : understanding stat balancing

Ghoat
09-02-2009, 01:28 PM
I seem to be the master of getting side grades. Was hoping for people's point of view on what stats I should be working on. I've got two prot sets that differentiate themselves as follows

HP 31.8 31
armor 24.0 24.4
defense 542 554
dodge 23.11 23.89
parry 16.75 17.03
block 24.04 24.52
hit 205 190
crit 10.7 10.3
expertise 22 18

Am I just talking to myself or are those essentially the same set? Anything in those number make anyone think there will be a noticabale difference in anything?
Repelling charge jacks up the defense on the latter set and allows me to use a non-defense weapon (stoneguard or peacekeeper -toc thing).

The real point is, I feel like I'm on an eternal gear swap versus anything driving me to hit/expertise caps etc, but of those stats which should i be focusing on with the assumption i can hold the others relatively flat?

Thanks.

Muffin Man
09-02-2009, 01:48 PM
It's hard to say without seeing what gear you're talking about.

But your avoidance is up across the board, that's not a bad thing.

Your armor is also up a good chunk. Not sure if that's a typo or not but 800 hp is a noticeable amount of health to be loosing.

For survivability stats, armor is going to come from better gear in general (unless you have one of the armor rings/necks/ect) so don't worry about that. Life you almost always want to go up, unless it's a few hundred hit points in exchange for a percent of dodge/parry.

There's a nice ratio on defense rating/dodge rating/parry rating to get the most avoidance, but a rule of thumb is just take what you can get with a bias towards dodge and don't avoid defense once you're past 540. I say this because for most people, normal gear drops will keep you with too much parry to maintain that ratio anyways and normal gear drops don't really allow you to stack too much defense. So just take defense as you can and keep an eye out for dodge.

If you're talking about threat, my personal preference is to get to 26 expertise (soft cap), then take hit and expertise as they come with a bias towards hit until I get around ~200 hit or so. (I missed 3 taunts one week with 260 hit so rng still happens).

Ghoat
09-02-2009, 05:44 PM
armory seemed to be a mess when i posted..will link when i can, with the items that I have that can be swapped. Thanks for the feedback.

Ghoat
09-05-2009, 06:41 AM
here's my armory of my EH set (or at least what happened when i tried to make an eh set)

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Skullcrusher&n=Gho%C3%A1t)

swappable gear...
stone guard(with blade ward), red sword of courage(with hit enchant), peacekeeper blade (with hit), repelling charge, shoulders have abomination and some other 10 man uld shoulders available, have an old titanium helm i could gem differently, various other pieces with gemming option. Enough tokens to buy any single conquest item (wyrmguard leggings im thinking..though i hate spending tokens because im convinced the item will drop for me next week)

thoughts?

near hit cap. near exp cap. I just can't seem to find a significant upgrade...or I guess I'm not sure what I should be obsessing about at this point.

loquatious
09-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Set 1 is better but we need to get a grip here. WWS will show a difference in damage taken by 1-5% due to RNG if we up our avoidance 1% while lowering armor by .75% who cares? Its just not that big a deal.