PDA

View Full Version : Tanking legs.

Chellout
09-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Hellscream's Legguards of Triumph - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=48464) - Hellscream's Legguards of Triumph.

or

Legguards of Feverish Dedication - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47052) - Legguards of Feverish Dedication

I have both already so there's no "save your trophy" talk, just flat out which is better.

Current stats: (in a raid)
48k HP
24% Dodge
20% Parry
19% Block
30 Expertise (with Feverish Dedication, 20 without.)
208 Hit (261 with 9.5)
10% Crit

Mookey
09-02-2009, 06:36 AM
Expertise when tanking bosses should be over 30 for sure and that gives some points to non set legs, since you realy need that 8.42 exp. Also non set legs have 1.5% (bit diminished) more avoidance but they have same gem slots and same slot bonuses. There is no right answer, since non set legs gives you lot of needed stats and on paper they are far better but unlocked set bonus and huge amount of hit is great on set legs aswel.

TLDR: I would use non set legs for boss fights due more expertise and avoidance, with hit buff food, while in all other situations on trash and offtanking I would use set piece for set bonus and hit.

Synapse
09-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=48464;47052)

It's basically parry/expertise against hit/bv. The hit/bv piece(don't underestimate bv!) also offers set bonuses.

Stompya
09-02-2009, 08:51 AM
imho hellscream pieces are all trash, except shoulders and gloves.

all other offset pieces beat it by miles.

as to your question, more avoidance and expertise is much more valuable than hit/block value if your job is to tank bosses.

Griff
09-02-2009, 10:25 AM
There isn't always a 'this piece is better' answer for tanks, particularly with the identical +str/+stam/gemslots/armor on those legs. To determine which is going to work best for you, you need to look at how the itemization fits into your overall gear set.

Also, most tanks tote around more than one set of gear and use different sets for different reasons. The tier legs would be a nice piece in a mitigation tanking set while the non-tier legs would fit well into most threat sets.

Zothor
09-02-2009, 11:03 AM
There isn't always a 'this piece is better' answer for tanks, particularly with the identical +str/+stam/gemslots/armor on those legs. To determine which is going to work best for you, you need to look at how the itemization fits into your overall gear set.

Also, most tanks tote around more than one set of gear and use different sets for different reasons. The tier legs would be a nice piece in a mitigation tanking set while the non-tier legs would fit well into most threat sets.

This - the best tanks don't ask "what is the best tank gear," they ask "what is the best piece I can use in this situation" and "what situations will this piece be useful in." Situational gear awareness is part of what makes you a better tank than the button masher one guild over.

Blue
09-02-2009, 11:12 AM
In your case...Feverish...but, save the others, and when the next patch comes out, maybe will be able to trade gear, without restrictions (hey, it could happen). If that is the case--remember me, your friendly neighborhood, barely-in-purps, warrior?

;>)