PDA

View Full Version : HALP! Arms/Mace Need More Dps

Orehor
09-02-2009, 02:51 AM
Here is my Armory http://http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grizzly+Hills&n=Orehor

According to Wow-heroes.com I'm a top geared dps warrior on my server. I'm arms spec because that's what my guild needs me as and I'm ok with that. But everyone seems to think I can do more dps and I too feel like I should be doin more. I pull 5k on alot of fights, over 4k on 95%, fights like Yogg I might get close to 4k. I put my attack priority on Rend>Ms>OP>Execute>Slam untill 20% I gem for Str. Any help is appreciated, would love to see another 500+dps before I start getting more Crusader gear

Krog
09-03-2009, 01:20 AM
Armory link failed for me :/
"I gem for Str" , don't ^^ Go full Arp until you reach around 100% with Trinket proc ( like 50% Arp solobased on gear .
Arp really goes ahead of strenght in Arms , I am not top geared ( Naxx25/Ulduar25 ) just getting some BiS and a crappy 219 Axe , and i do 4-5k on bosses , 5k5 on Patch :/

Ill try and go see your stuff on Imba :p

Krog
09-03-2009, 01:21 AM
you got two times http:// in your link :p

Krog
09-03-2009, 01:24 AM
Well you are Arp capped ^^ So yes Str was the way to go ... sorry for my intervention .

Do you wait till Rend falls off to reapply ? Because it tics before falling off , so you must wait till it is off to reset . Bladestorm only when you are bored ( nothing up )

The above will allow you to land an extre OP in every Rotation ( with brain calculations , on a 5min fight round 100-250dps increase )

I prioritise Procs by all means :/ Execute>Slam>OP>MS ( guessing OP/MS are always on gcd , so no real prio between them )

Orehor
09-03-2009, 06:03 AM
some reason the armory hasnt updated yet, might still be showing my fishing pole? I use Earthshaper. Yes I wait till Rend falls off although sometimes I dont, can work on that. I tend to use bladestorm for utility, like on Hodir I use it to hit 3 frozen targets at the start of the fight to help break them out. Or when adds spawn like on the cat lady.

as for ur priority list. I dont think I understand it. I can understand execute>op>ms but i dont understand why ur slam is in between execute and op, can u explain it more?

Here is a wmo report for Tuesday night

WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay (http://www.wowmeteronline.com//combat/log/921666)

Deathsupply
09-03-2009, 04:30 PM
your hit and expertise are low... the caps are 264 for hit rating and 26 for expertise, assuming 0/2 into weapon mastery. If ya don't hit, you do zero dps. You can spec into 1/2 weapon mastery for only 22 expertise needed, and 2/2 into weapon mastery for 18 expertise needed to cap on you dodges. Recomend dropping imp. execute for that, if you have no way of itemizing more expertise on your gear.

I prioritize this way: Rend>>>SD execute>>>>MS>>OP>>Slam, keep in mind you need to let the FIRST rend cycle tick off, then refresh during 0-2 seconds left on the 2nd application, that way you can fully utilize your rend ticks. after you refresh during your 2nd application of rend , rinse and repeat for rend. Also don't be afraid to Heroic Strike! you gotta kind of find your sweet spot for rage and using heroic strike, but I've found that I can safely que up one when I sit at 90+ rage.

Bladestorm is a dps loss during single target fights, where you are only going to be hitting 1 target with your bladestorm. If you have a place where you can effectively use Bladestorm (2-4 targets for all 6 seconds), by all means use it, but only when you have +7 seconds left on your current rend. You should most likely get a nice SD proc during the duration, but it's not garenteed, so be prepared to nuke with that once BS is done.

You can also witch out your enchant on your boots to +32 Attack power as well, that'll boost it by a little bit too, unless you value the run speed more.

Edit: had to switch MS and SD execute in the rotation :o

Destruyen
09-03-2009, 05:09 PM
your rotation is the same as mine, and close to the same gear as mine except i have lotrafen so i get the benefit of axe spec. the only thing i can think of is to cap your hit and expertise. maybe upgrade your gun to an ulduar 10/25 one with hit/arp on it. looking at your wmo, your dps is a little low when you could be doing more dps (twins specifically). pop sweeping strikes + bladestorm when you can hit more than one thing, and keep sweeping strikes on cd (much like kolo). since they share a health pool and they should be close enough that sweeping strikes will hit both of them at all times.

one other thing, heroic strike is pretty low. a warrior in your gear should be swimming in rage at times (like bloodlust phase) to where you can slam and immediately queue a heroic strike. also if you are getting alot of procs to where you dont have a global for a slam rage dump, queue a heroic strike. i tend to hs over 70 rage while i have procs and ms to deal with, and over 80 rage paired with slam when nothing else is going on.

Orehor
09-03-2009, 09:59 PM
I got my neck, t9 gloves and new legs last night. Thats why my hit/expertise is low right now. Was told on EJ that being under expertise cap was fine for Arms warriors for the sake of more OP use. I put a hit gem in my new pants so my hit is now 260.

Destruyen
09-03-2009, 10:07 PM
arms is very gcd-locked, even if a dodge procs an overpower, its still lost dps since you wasted a global (couldve been a 10k+ ms or execute crit that was dodged) and now you have to spend another global to try to catch up. over the course of a 5 minute+ boss fight, you could have missed alot more damage than your overpowers could have made up.

so really, its ok, but still not "fine" as they say on ej to be under the cap. now 1-2 expertise under is alright, since you wont have that many dodges to worry about, but anything over that and you should gem or wear lower ilvl gear to stay at or near cap until you can replace it somewhere else.

Orehor
09-03-2009, 10:13 PM
found out where another chuck of my dps is hiding. I changed the latency on the dps spread sheet from 50 to what I normally run, 250. Lost about 10% dps with that change.

I may buy the crimson star, that w/ food will get me near the cap w/out getting the talent

*edit* just bought crimson star, puts me at 24 expertise w/ food so I'm ok with that