PDA

View Full Version : What can I tank?

SNORLAXIO
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
So I dinged 80 some 8 or 9 days ago and i've geared up pretty quickly so I thought, I've started in a fledgeling guild (Alliance side Magtheridon population is dire, so i'm working from scratch) and since I have raiding experience on my previous characters i've been leading raids with the guild and a few puggers.

Long story short; i'm a really unlucky guy when it comes to /roll :P

So far i've got no loot from the raids/raid bosses we've cleared (Naxx10, a large % of ulduar 10 tonight before the servers went down). I was just hoping someone more knowledgable than I (Since i'm a recent 80 and i've always been a caster DPS/Healer my tanking knowledge is very fledgeling at best) could take a look at my gear and see if there's any pieces I can easily/quickly/reliably replace that would give me a nice boost in my tanking prowess.

Also; with my current gear what is the farthest raid content I could conceivably tank without being gibbed?

Thanks; Snorlaxio.

Jameak
09-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Id be a bit cautious with anything past the Seige of Ulduar in your current gear. Should be okay for Naxx10, EoE10, OS10, VoA10 though.

Crommi
09-02-2009, 05:24 AM
Should be fine for all 10man content, possibly even for 25man Ulduar although avoidance seems little bit low. Try to find a proper tanking cloak, the one sold by Emblems of Valor merchant is a very solid piece. Also start running daily heroics for Emblems of Triumph and buy the tanking ring first, it's arguably the best ring in game and you won't be replacing it in long time.

Also level up your blacksmithing for two extra sockets.

SNORLAXIO
09-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the responses. I already have the tanking ring and i'm currently working on getting the cloak (Running 7-8 heroics or more a day, so shouldn't take long) and the other tanking ring from 5 man totc heroic.

At what point would you think i'd be ready for 10 man totc? What kind of unbuffed hp/avoidance/etc should I be looking at?

Cheers;

Snorlaxio.