PDA

View Full Version : noob question,Am I set to tank 10 man OS or Naxx?

Kjb594
09-01-2009, 03:27 PM
i've played as a Healer for raids and have done 1/2 of the ulduar bosses but i don't know what a tank would need for stats to start raiding.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Boulderfist&n=Andrelena)
As a DK tank in frost spec/presence and unbuffed i sit at.....
22k armor

540 defense

21%,dodge

15% parry

15 expertise

5.86% hit

25k Health

so would i be set to start tanking 10 man os and naxx and if not or yes any suggestions on what to work on?

Limes!!
09-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Hey. So I decided to wow-hero your name and I was told that no, you are NOT ready to tank 10 Naxx or 10 OS on that character. From what I could see, most of what was weighing you down was the sigil AND that one trinket. With a gear score that low, it prevents people from allowing you to come in. I believe the Emblem quartermasters would have sufficient pieces of gear to benefit you in this way.

Bulk
09-01-2009, 04:32 PM
If you were going in a guild run with some good healers you'd probably be OK - but a pug group wouldn't take you I'm afraid. Keep doing those heorics for conquest badges - you have many items you can easily replace with heoric drops alone let alone badge gear.

Good luck!

Jameak
09-01-2009, 04:54 PM
Get yourself some Tempered Saronite Bracers over those cobalt ones.

My conclusion is: YES
Your gear is what you would expect to find on a new tank, but I believe it is sufficient enough to tank 10 man OS and Naxx, however some bosses in Naxx may give you some grief that you may have to swap with your offtank for (if they are more experienced or geared, if not, healers better be on their game). If you are the offtank, you are good to go. Naxx and OS should be challenging for you at this gear level, so it is important you understand the fights and what you need to do as a tank to minimise the possibillity of lack of experience contributing to failure.

OS+0 is a complete push over, you should be able to tank that easily. OS+1 gets harder, and tank skill plays a big part in this fight as you must be capable of picking adds up fast as well as being durable.

I agree with Bulk, getting into a pug could take some magical words on your part depending on how elitist the group is, otherwise your guild would be more likely to accept you and give you a fair go, allowing you to prove yourself.

Kjb594
09-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks, i was proposing on Off Tanking if needed cause my Gear is some what lacking for main tanking in terms of Health and avoidance, after getting Shard of the crystal forest and getting the bracers Wow-heroes should put me a little further into Naxx than I am now