PDA

View Full Version : What should i work on next?

Trork
09-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Hey

I am at the moment just tanking naxx 10 and stuff like that to gear up new guys in new guild, and am only getting my gear from emblems so far, and because I work full time with extra hours ~11-12 hours a day it is kindda hard to farm emblems, so I have to pick the tiem that will work best for me… my armory link has my dps gear atm, so am linking from wowhead that has my tanking gear:
WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Shadowmoon&name=trork)

now my question is: should I get the t8 helm or chest first? I was thinking of the chest Conqueror's Darkruned Chestguard , and gem it with +15 stam, +10 expertise twice.

What do you think?

Got any other ideas on what I should change/get?

Cheers,
Daniel.

Kazeyonoma
09-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Wrong forum.

Moved.

Esch
09-01-2009, 06:33 PM
I'd worry more about getting Expertise capped, or at least much closer than ~3% you're currently showing. Substituting the Sandworn Band with the Signet of the Impregnable Fortress (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40718) comes to mind, perhaps using up extra Valor badges you're carrying. The increase defense/hit will allow you to use alternate gear, such as another trinket with stamina or expertise.

Expertise to gloves would be another filler option, and likely one you should get until gear provides enough expertise.

You could pick up the t8.5 chest, gem it as you plan, then slot Guardian (purple Expertise/Stamina) gems into red sockets elsewhere in your gear. Along with Expertise to Gloves, that would give you 75 (rare gems) to 83 (epic gems). You'd remain hit capped (Hooray!) in the process.

There is no shame in picking up expertise (or hit, or even defense) gems/enchants to stay appropriately near/at the guideline 'caps'. The benefit is the increased threat means more control as you deal damage reliably, which allows healers to focus more on you solely instead of having to heal a raid/group from mobs turning on DPS, or worse, the healer. The bonus is you get better DPS, thus killing mobs a wee bit faster and further easing the pressure.