PDA

View Full Version : Need Druid help please.

Virmire
09-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Good evening Tankspot,

Our guild just recently had a little hiccup that has hindered our ability to raid effectively, most of our members have left and now it's up to the less experienced (myself) players to tank instances and keep things going strong. While I greatly appreciate this opportunity to prove my worth to my fellow guildies, I can't help but panic. I never had a really extensive end game experience and am completely lost when anything comes up requiring me to actually know something. So I came here. Basically I need a crash course in being a druid/tank. I have browsed the internet about the best in slot, tps rotations, gear, and pretty much anything else I could think of but I can't make heads or tails of it. If I could just get another druid tank or anyone with extensive knowledge that could help me out I would be very appreciative.

Here's a link to my Armory page, if that'll help with anything:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Perenolde&n=Virmire)

adizs
09-01-2009, 06:05 AM
You should start off with gemming and enchanting your gear.

Second thing I recommend is dropping 2 points in furor and getting Primal Precision. This will help your TPS greatly.

Third thing is that I would drop the SI glyph and get Maul glyph. The only time I wanted to switch out Maul Glyph is when doing Razorscale achievement and maybe on Algalon, which I am afraid to say that its something you wont do anytime soon.

Heroics, heroics, heroics, heroics and some more heroics. Getting a group is easy as a tank andyou will get a feeling of tanking and quickly learn do's and donts. Make sure your camera is fully panned out to get maximum view of whats going on around you.

Learn your qbind by heart. You shouldnt have to look at your action bars. If someone accidently pulls another pack you must be there a split second after and swiping them to get agro before the mobs are all over your healer/dps.

Macro maul into swipe. If you want to make it easier, macro maul into everything, one word of warning though; you'll be breaking CC with maul glyph.

For rotation, make sure Mangle and FFF is on CD every single time. Never let your lacerate stacks fall off and for the extra GCDs use swipe. Make sure Demo Roar is up on the mobs/boss.

Was that an answer you were looking for?

insertname
09-01-2009, 05:22 PM
adizs pretty much said everything I wanted to say. I'll add this: I believe druid tanking is relatively simple compared to the other tank rotations and naturally pretty solid in terms of how quickly you can get to a pretty effective mix of mitigation/avoidance/health. So you can probably build on it as long as you have a few guild member willing to come along. Another potential source of pretty decent gear is actually wintergrasp. I know it's PvP gear and I would not advise it for anything other than bear, but even though it has item budget wasted on resilience (from a PvE point of view), it has a ton of agility and stamina. It can help you fill in a gear slot. And it can help break things up when you are tired of all those heroics ;)