PDA

View Full Version : An old tank back on the road

Caeron
09-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Hi

That's a long time if not played wow (patches runned for ages yesterday evening ;) )
I still have my Naxx25 ultimate obsolete and dusty gear, but looks like enough for some HM.

I checked a lot of news on the site, reworked my rotation (up to 5.2k tps, i m quite happy ... ok those are just small HM I know)

Questions to you :
1- Spamming or not spamming Heroic Strike
What's the best approach between a frenetic spam of HS when rage is high and binding HS via macro to each and every technique ?
Is there a way to cast HS after a shield slam without spamming the key twice ?

2- How important is the mitigation offered by Block value compared to stats such as Hit or expertise.
I have so far a Naxx collar (def, dodge hit). I dopped in the coliseum (5 men HM) a collar same Strengh/ Sta with same def, a little bit less of dodge and a nice 104 block value ?
SHould I prefer block value or keep my 28 hit ?
Are the mobs striking faster than before ?

3- Gear optimisation : Knowing I m not gonna raid with my crap stuff for weeks until a can assemble something looking like new and fashion, what are the stats I should focus on ?
Still exp hit after having capped defense ?
Or should I go back to the old BC time, all stamina ;)

Read you soon
Caeron

Mookey
09-01-2009, 01:57 AM
1- Spamming or not spamming Heroic StrikeIf you have enough rage - spam it

Is there a way to cast HS after a shield slam without spamming the key twice?
2 actions that are not on GCD can be linked in single press, for warrior however you have to have enough rage for both, so casting first (devastate/revenge/shield slam) will follow it with heroic strike with single press. If you have glyphed revenge, mentioned issue is nonexistant.

What's the best approach between a frenetic spam of HS when rage is high and binding HS via macro to each and every technique?Binding HS via macro techincly can bring you to zero rage that you need for something important, however much less now with rage on avoidance but still it can rage starve you. You have to find what's best for you, or use combination of mashing and macroing

2- How important is the mitigation offered by Block value compared to stats such as Hit or expertise.
Mitigation from BV is ok for 5 man heroic stuff, however Ulduar trash/bosses are hiting like a truck so removing 1000 damage from swing is not that great as mitigation from other sources

SHould I prefer block value or keep my 28 hit ?Depends how much hit you have 263 is cap on your hit, if you are close to it, you can prolly go for more BV for more threat.

Are the mobs striking faster than before ?Each mob have his own attack speed... Blizzard is not making like "In Nax bosses hits with 2.2 speed and in Ulduar 2.0 and in Colloseum 1.8, prepare accordingly to each fight

3- Gear optimisation : Knowing I m not gonna raid with my crap stuff for weeks until a can assemble something looking like new and fashion, what are the stats I should focus on ?
Still exp hit after having capped defense ?
Or should I go back to the old BC time, all stamina ;)
Healthy balance of everything with some nice stamina flavor...

Have in mind that each heroic instance is dropping emblems of conquest, with that you can gear your complete character in more/less 213/226 equivalent of gear... Get back on track, remind yourself about each heroic instance, do dailies, get some nice 10 mans for warm up and all of that will yield enough badges to refresh your gear...