PDA

View Full Version : Arms Gear and DPS Help

Amrytale
09-01-2009, 12:58 AM
Looking at my current Armory (The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silver+Hand&n=Amrytale)), and considering that I have these pieces in the bank, help me find an optimized gear setup. I used Rawr's suggestions and found my DPS to be unreliable when attempting Sarth+3 (10 Man) tonight. On a good pull, when the luck of the RNG was with me, I could top 5K in a very melee heavy group (Enh. Shaman, Fury Warrior, 2 rogues, 2 kitties, DK tank, Ele Shammy, Holy Pally + me). If the RNG wasn't with me or I had to dodge too many lava walls (or keep up Demo Shout, or pop a trinket CD, etc.) my DPS could slip anywhere from the high 3Ks to the mid 4s.

Here's what I have banked:

Bladebreaker Gauntlets
Ancient Pendant of Arathor
Might of the Leviathan
Battlelord's Plate Boots
Wristbands of the Sentinel Huntress
Mirror of Truth
Mimiron's Repeater
Ring of Invincibility
Ironsoul

Assuming the best possible combination of those with proper gems and enchants get me to the hit and expertise caps, what is most likely to maximize my DPS, assuming I always eat Dragonfin Filet and always take an Endless Rage flask?

(Yes, yes, I know, Landsoul's sheet will answer all these questions, but the download link is down right now and he doesn't have my ranged, my trinket, my boots or my bracers currently in the sheet.)

I am running ToC and H. ToC every day for a Marrowstrike, Edge of Ruin or Banner of Victory as known upgrades to Stormedge and Mirror. Upgrades from ToCr-10 and Ulduar hard modes possible but I'd like to get my DPS up before raid nights.

Thanks in advance.

Destruyen
09-01-2009, 01:40 AM
you have over 100 hit rating over the cap.

grind badges for t8.5 tokens (both bis until t9) and 7.5 tokens (unless you are going to get t8.5 shoulders and gloves soon).
equip bladebreakers (bis until 8.5 gloves)
equip wristbands of sentinal huntress.

that should fix your hit rating closer to the cap, give you more expertise to get closer to the cap (and go to the 54/17 build), and more crit where you dont have to gem for it. you have 3 green gems when you only need to use 2 blue-types to activate your meta.

unless you see yourself picking up algalon's 10man trinket and the trial 25 man trinket (death's call), drop some coin for nobles deck. that trinket with an arp trinket (grim toll/runestone) is the bis combo until the previous ones mentioned.

im not too sure on the crafted ring vs. ring of invincibility, but i used the badge ring until i picked up the cindershard ring off ignis25.

please change that bladestorm glyph out for glyph of execution asap!

Amrytale
09-01-2009, 10:50 PM
I got Edge of Ruin off of H. ToC tonight. With that, and a few Etched Monarch Topaz, I am right at the Hit Cap. My AP is at 3.5K unbuffed, and my crit is sitting pretty at just over 36% unbuffed. No DMC:G on the AH tonight, but I'll check back as the Faire approaches this weekend. I'm a little low on badges so it'll be a while before I get the tier pieces, assuming better doesn't drop for me in tomorrow's Trial of the Crusader run.