PDA

View Full Version : Prot warrior - Looking for gem/gear advice

Pixul
08-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey guys, ive been working on my prot set vigorously and im looking for some advice from the pros =). Here is my wow armory, please any recomendations AT ALL are welcomed.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draka&n=Pockettikiru)

Musclebound
08-31-2009, 05:54 PM
You're a little short of the minimum defense to be uncrittable in raids. Work on getting that extra 4 defense skill. You're crit immune in heroics, so I would suggest farming for badges and getting the neck, gloves, legs, waist and helm. That should put you well over the defense minimum (I absolutely hate it when people refer to it as a cap. Its not.) Get Exalted with the Sons of Hodir if you haven't already, for the shoulder enchant.. I know, i know, its less stamina but the defense and dodge on it are nice to have.

Other than that your stats look pretty good. I think once you get all the Emblem of Conquest gear you'll be doing just fine.

Pixul
08-31-2009, 06:19 PM
I am uncrittable in raids ( the 15 resilience on the shoulder enchant puts me over by about .02% ) But thinks for the input

Fayre
08-31-2009, 07:25 PM
It's a decent set. I have no specific comments over 'keep going'.

You're suffering a little from those couple of items (sword, ring) that don't have defence on. That's just something to keep an eye on - don't sacrifice too much in terms of your health (via defence gemming) just because it might be a slightly higher item.

In the same line, don't obsess too much over expertise. It'll come. You'll hurt when it comes time to replace Mark of Norgannon, but better stats will generally come as you upgrade gear.

Musclebound
08-31-2009, 09:44 PM
I am uncrittable in raids ( the 15 resilience on the shoulder enchant puts me over by about .02% ) But thinks for the input
I apologize. I saw the resil+stam enchant on your shoulders but it didn't click in my thoughts when I posted :P

I'd still work towards depending solely on defense for uncrittability (which you seem to be doing) as it does add some avoidance, which resilience does not.

XGDragon
09-01-2009, 03:25 AM
Hello,

Excuse me, but I would like to know how much resilience equals one defense?

xx resilience rating = 1 defense rating

gabbu
09-01-2009, 04:06 AM
The right question to ask is how much does resilience contribute to crit immunity.

This read might help Is Resilience back? - Warriors - TankingTips.com (http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/06/23/is-resilience-back)

Golmmaster
09-01-2009, 07:37 AM
as a tank try to focus on def yeah res is good for getting less crit but you're loosing avoidance in the process. Get 540 def( and like the poster above me said if you go higher than that great you always need extra def).

Getting extra def is always good because you will get epic in raid with less def on them than your blues so get ready to switch your gear around.