PDA

View Full Version : Tank Gear/Spec Review

fast
08-31-2009, 02:14 PM
Hello, real quick intro. I've been playing since BC and I used to be one of the MT for my guild up to Illidan. Recently I took an extended vacation from wow (8mos) and just started playing again 3 weeks ago.

Needless to say I no longer have a raiding spot in my guild however I am doing my best to get my gear up to snuff as best I can so I can be readily thrown back into my guild's raiding nights as an Offtank or whatever.

What I want to know is what do you guys think of my gear for raiding Uld25/TotC25. I've done a few pugs Naxx25 and OS25 and all seems well so far. Please take a look at my armory and spec and drop a few comments. Will be very appreciated!

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&n=Fastnfurious)

Axiom
08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Your gear looks fine, just start saving triumph badges. The only upgrade I see is putting a 30 stam into your ranged slot which gives it the best EH ranged item currently in the game.

My priority for spending triumph badges is Helm-->Trinket-->Ring-->Ranged. Your also over the hit cap and under the expertise cap. Try to maintain at least 26 expertise and 270 or so hit. The hit is not as important and many people run under the hit cap. I personally try to maintain the hit cap for threat required fights and for more avoidance I swap out gear.

Fayre
08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Your gear looks fine - the only hole I can find in it really is the lack of expertise and the overabundance of hit. Changes in that will come with upgrades. Consider the new triumph shoulders in due course, perhaps. The ring is also an excellent upgrade.

fast
08-31-2009, 08:19 PM
AH yes I currently have 38 triumph emblems and figured it was better to spend on emblem shoulders rather than tier emblem shoulders because of higher ilvl. Mmm.. too many stats to think about!