PDA

View Full Version : fast leveling

ScientificLee
08-31-2009, 07:39 AM
Hello,

The guild recently asked me to roll a healer, while still maintaining my tank, to help out. I agreed to their request and rolled a resto shaman.

I am currently lvl 46 with no rest bonus. I am, within reason, fully buffed while questing. This includes food buffs, battle and guardian elixirs, and a scroll of something if I have it. I use about 20 mana pots a day. I would use more if I could actually buy more.

I anticipate about 3 weeks of hard questing for me to hit 80. I would like to shorten that time without playing more. This is where your advice comes in. What can I do to shorten the leveling time as much as possible (minus RAF)?

TIA

gabbu
08-31-2009, 08:27 AM
DO you have the 10% xp shoulders and 10% XP chest piece?

ScientificLee
08-31-2009, 09:06 AM
No. Thanks for reminding me. I will go by the shoulders tonight. I actually didn't know I could buy them with stone shards. I unfortunately, cannot buy the chest until I grind out 42 more seals. I guess 32 really since the last quest gives you 10. I guess doable.

I'll probably be buying the leather one since the only other classes I have even a chance of leveling after this shaman are druid or rogue.

Anyone else have any other ideas?

Nez
08-31-2009, 09:24 AM
I use a quest addon like Carbonite to save time finding things. I only do the easy, quick quests of each areas. If there are areas with about the same level of quests, I'll do both places. Such as Boring Tundra and Howling Fjord. And I also do an as many instances as I can. Epic mounts help a little if you have the cash-ola.

Gutfang
08-31-2009, 09:41 AM
Concentrate on turning in quests and kill only those mobs you need to kill in order to complete the quests. Fast mount in a must have in vanilla, flyer at 60 is a must have in outlands. Keep your objectives up and tracking, and knock em down one after another. Try and complete as much of the log as you can before heading back to turn them in ... in order to waste as little time as possible in the commute.

I just did Outlands (58-68) on another server in about two days (maybe less) of game time with little or no rest bonus. I also avoided instances as you're likely to have only a few quests to complete in an hour of game time ... but that's just me. I also didn't want to waste time trying to field a PUG, buying a run, or waiting for a guildmate to run me.

Ion
08-31-2009, 09:44 AM
Since you're being asked to reroll by your guild it probably wouldn't kill them to give you some ZF/ST/BRD/Strat/Ramps/etc runs...I mean, this IS a guild project, right? I mean, if you're doing all the sacrificing here, I don't get what's in it for you...hell, have your guild alchemist hook you up with pots too. If this is really a guild-sponsored thing, get some guild help.

But yeah, either Carbonite or QuestHelper and TomTom (which I prefer, but it's a tossup last I checked) make finding crap a lot easier.

gabbu
08-31-2009, 09:54 AM
cannot buy the chest until I grind out 42 more seals.

Chest can be bought of emblems too FYI. Also if you are leveling as enhanced (melee) weapons pretty much decide you leveling speed so you should get the heirloom weapons too. Though my friend recently has leveled as elemental and he said its went pretty smooth.

I have personally found carbonite to be always better than QH (total hog).

James has been known in community for years know to produce free and fast leveling guides and since your goal is fast try them out if you want.

World of Warcraft Pro | Brings Game Experience to You! (http://www.wow-pro.com/)

Also I wholeheartedly agree with ION, if the guild wants you to reroll they should help you out with consumables, dungeons, group quests etc etc.

Prexie
08-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Alterac Valley gives insane XP for objectives (galv/bal, tower/bunker caps, drek/vann, ?wing commanders?) and wins right now. In the 71-80 bracket I'm currently getting some 19k PER objective. The xp per win is nice in the 51 and 61 brackets too but you're less likely to find a good premade, etc. If you can get in on premades or Xrealm, getting over 100k xp a game is godly. Someone in my guild said heirloom pieces increased their gains in AV xp too, but I can't confirm it. Honestly our reroll process has all jumped in on AV and guild levels just shot up exponentially.

You have an 80 already so I'm assuming the gold gains lost by missing NR quests wouldn't hurt. Plus it gives you tons of easy gold making quests at 80.

ScientificLee
08-31-2009, 01:57 PM
Thanks to everyone for some great ideas. Yes the guild has donated pots, elixirs, flask, and time to help me level. I'm pretty fast with leveling I did my DK in 4 days played. My hunter i did 1-60 in 6 days played. My priest I did 1-60 in about 9 days played. All 3 char with no help. Unfortunately all of them are horde and I have re-rolled alliance to play with some RL friends.

My plan right now is to
1) buy shoulders.
2) get the seals i need to buy chest. This will give my shaman some rest bonus.
3) once i hit 70 i'm going to play AV.
4) I will also ask my guild to run me through some instances at 70. One group will run me through for an hour. The second group will run me through another hour.

*I have a question about step 4. I'm unfamiliar with how to mob tag but I have read that many people have used it to level fast and that it was legal. Any thought?

ScientificLee
08-31-2009, 07:36 PM
I want to say thanks to everyone for your replies. I will be sure to incorporate them all in to get my healer to 80 ASAP.

Wars
08-31-2009, 07:41 PM
The fastest way I've found to level is to get an 80 to do dungeon runs with you while you're RAF exploiting(you can do RAF on the same computer w/2 accts, not against ToS). I leveled a paladin/druid pair in 18 hours /played to 60. GG leveling.

RAF is so absurd and 3x leveling w/instances will get you there in no time. It makes things so easy man, go for it :D

If you want a list of instances and corresponding levels, or just want some advice about RAF just let me know.

ScientificLee
08-31-2009, 09:21 PM
yes i would like RAF advice please.

Kurtosis
09-02-2009, 12:08 AM
What's RAF? Multiboxing?

If something else, here's some info on multiboxing (http://www.wow.com/2009/07/22/turpstervision-multiboxing-unmasked/#continued) that might be useful - use your 80 to level your shamman.

gabbu
09-02-2009, 04:18 AM
RAF = recruit a friend

gabbu
09-02-2009, 04:20 AM
If you want a list of instances and corresponding levels, or just want some advice about RAF just let me know.

Thanksfor posting WARS, I am actually getting a new account next weekend as I am getting an extended break and would like to level a few to 60 with RAF so that I can level them to 80 later on when I feel like.

I would really appreciate if you can give me more info for how to go about it.

Thanks !!