PDA

View Full Version : Could use pro advice on upgrades

Macrosya
08-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I just returned to the game after a 8 month break. During TBC, I considered myself a good tank. I had full T6 and some sunwell pieces, ran heroics in my sleep and tanked Illidan, etc..

Of course the new expansion is out and guilds have been established with raid content for months now. I'm up to the challenge of someday (soon) getting back to where I can be proud of my gear and ready for any challenge.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&n=Dufwu)

As you can see my gear is mediocre to say the least. I already know a lot of things I can do to improve, the only thing is since the xpac has been out for a bit it's hard to get regular instance runs together.

Also, I've noticed there are a lot more aholes this time around in the game so don't want to jump into a group if I'm not heroic ready. I have a few questions concerning my status atm:

1) Am I ready for all 5-man heroic instances?
2) Any quick solutions to obtaining decent enough gear to tank?

I tried doing Trial of the Champion heroic today and got raped, which was expected. Each time I died I noticed the healer still had a lot of mana left so not sure if it's his fault or simply mine for having to be spammed healed to fast.

Any advice would be appreciated. In short, I'd like to just be able to run heroics comfortably at least and be able to contribute to raids soon.

loquatious
08-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Tanking ToC and Heroic ToC + as many heroics or naxx 10's as you can should get you up to speed quickly. And the badges will let you buy 2 pieces of T8.5

Macrosya
08-30-2009, 07:43 PM
thanks. I just wasn't sure if my gear is good enough or not for heroics.