PDA

View Full Version : Armor Penetration vs Strenght

Hawkmoon
08-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Hey all,

Being away from the game for 4 months I recently returned. I am not sure that I fully understand the mechanics of Armor Pen., therefore quite confused about how to gem my gear and which trinket to use.? Pyrite Infuser vs Grim Troll at the moment.
I gemmed to get expertise capped and now, with the introduction of new&higher lvl. items to my gear two days ago changed one gem to strenght. Should I have gone for Armor Pen.? I would like ur suggestions please.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&n=Sempreda)

Cheers.

Destruyen
08-29-2009, 03:59 PM
strength is still the bread and butter for fury dps. grim toll and the nobles card are the best trinkets to use for both specs until thorim10 hardmode and algalon trinkets. comet's trail (off algalon 25) is best in slot for fury matched with death's call from toc 25. so stick with the grim toll/nobles card combo until then.

Dragaan
08-29-2009, 08:29 PM
I would suggest downloading Landsoul's dps spreadsheet. It is generally considered to be the best spreadsheet available for warrior dps. I'm not going to say that it's 100% accurate in every scenario, but it can give you a good idea of what is theoretically best for you. Almost any answer someone tries to give you when you ask a question like this will be based on this sheet or one similar to it.

Hawkmoon
08-30-2009, 01:20 AM
I thought Grim Troll was good as long as it took ur Armor Pen. to 100% but that is not the case with me. Still more usefull?

Btw that spreadsheet is not available for download at the moment cause it is being revised :-(

Dragaan
08-30-2009, 02:14 AM
You can probably find the latest version somewhere if you dig around. I'm pretty sure grim toll beats pyrite infuser no matter what your gear looks like.

Destruyen
08-30-2009, 02:54 AM
the latest version has yet to be released by landsoul since he is still working on a few things to update this to 3.2 and make it more user friendly.

and grim toll is good period. no matter how you gear, until you get an algalon trinket or thorim10 hardmode trinket it's the best you can have (and now the toc25 heroic trinket off twins).

Hawkmoon
08-30-2009, 02:55 AM
ty very much guys