PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Diagnostic

Turkson
08-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Hello,

I'm in a bit of an odd situation, as you can see from my armory page (Clicky! (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Turkson)) I'm wearing 1/5 T7.5, 1/5 T8.5, and 1/5 T9.

I do have full T7.5, and threat hasn't been an issue. Should I save up and buy the T8.5 helm to get a two-piece bonus?

I can also scrounge Spiked Deathdealers or Indestructible Plate Girdle, but not both. Which is the one that will give me the most mileage?

I am aware that my trinkets are awful, and I am working on it.

Feel free to post any other comments or suggestions and thank you for your time!

Turkson
09-09-2009, 10:56 AM
bump for an answer!

Alent
09-09-2009, 11:10 AM
I don't see any reason to get the 8.5 helm. Negligible stam boost and you lose hit for block rating. You could go for the helm off Vez25 if you're still killing him, or wait for a tourney drop. If you want that particular set bonus, go for 5/5 seals of the pure. SotP gives more threat than Crusade anyway. (Which you should know firsthand watching me rip stuff off Jyves by accident.)

Turkson
09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
SotP gives more threat than Crusade

SotP is about ~40 TPS per talent point.

Crusade is ~70 TPS per talent point.

According to View topic - Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work) - Maintankadin (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20823)

I probably should have updated my original post as several things have changed since then.

Insahnity
09-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Your trinket sucks! (J/K)

Your tier bonuses lead to more threat, not survivability. If threat is an issue, you should look at hit/expertise, both of which are below cap. This is bad becaues you have gemmed for str instead of expertise, and defense while at 551 defense and under hit cap, or bypassed stamina socket bonuses when you could have gone with some hit/stam instead. I would do some organizing with those first.

If you want to do something with badges, you are probably better off with buying runed orbs and getting the crafted belt.

Insahnity
09-09-2009, 02:06 PM
SotP is about ~40 TPS per talent point.

Crusade is ~70 TPS per talent point.

According to View topic - Theck's MATLAB TPS analysis (A Jonesy derivative work) - Maintankadin (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20823)

I probably should have updated my original post as several things have changed since then.

Careful, those numbers are against humanoids, undead, and demons (HUD). Not everything in ToC fits that category, and while your potential in HUD fights may be less, you may be more consistent dps across all encounters (provided you go full out, including picking up reckoning, looking at weapon speed, etc.). I am not saying you are wrong, it is just not black and white.

Turkson
09-09-2009, 02:08 PM
They are, for non-DUH mobs. SotP and Crusade are almost equal with SotP having a slight edge. I think it's pretty reasonable to expect a lot of Undead, Demons, and Humanoids in Icecrown though.

Mert
09-10-2009, 06:29 AM
I agree, Crusade is better against a lot of current content and you're also right that gemming for Strength will give you more threat per point than Expertise or Hit, despite being below the respective caps.

Having said that, do you need to gem/enchant for threat at all at your gear level? I can't see anything really stretching you right now so perhaps you could go for more EH/Avoidance gems? You're in your Retri stuff on the Armory so I can't say for certain any more than that, really.

As for the Plate Girdle or Spiked Deathdealers, it largely depends on what you're replacing. The belt will have a total of three sockets (blue, red, prismatic, +9 Stam socket bonus) and the boots will have two sockets (blue, red, +9 Stam bonus) so they're roughly equal in the EH potential. I like the belt slightly more, but you should go for whichever piece represents a bigger upgrade for you in my opinion.

Don't worry about the 8.5 helm, it's not all that great and you may find that getting the two-set from the Chest and Legs is better for your MT set overall.