PDA

View Full Version : I love to tank, but...

Morthrogg
08-29-2009, 01:14 AM
Alright, I'm usually wary of posting like this, but, I'm curious now. I -love- tanking. The warrior is my favorite class, and I want to be the best I can be with the warrior, both as a tank, and as Arms.

My warrior is Kyralle of Scarlet Crusade, to look at the armory. <Sanguine Steel>
I have been working my ass off to get my warrior geared to tank. My 'main' is my rogue, and I despise playing him, however, my dps is good, to where we can't afford to sit him out at this point, but I want to tank.

Where am I at? I feel my stats are good, people tell me that I'm easy to heal, and I feel personally that I'm a good tank, which branches from the fact that tanking fits my personality irl (as odd as that sounds) and I really get into it.

Say you were a raid leader, and I offered to main tank for you... Where would you draw the line on what I could/couldn't handle?

I really appreciate any answers/advice/tips, and I am very receptive to criticism from those who know more than I do. Spec, gear, gems/enchants, anything.

Thank you!

Benihimey
08-29-2009, 03:34 AM
tbh everyone needs a chance find a guild that will give u yours and take it and run bud GL

Crommi
08-29-2009, 05:01 AM
Where am I at? I feel my stats are good, people tell me that I'm easy to heal, and I feel personally that I'm a good tank, which branches from the fact that tanking fits my personality irl (as odd as that sounds) and I really get into it.

Say you were a raid leader, and I offered to main tank for you... Where would you draw the line on what I could/couldn't handle?

My biggest concern would be the lack of experience. Naxxramas was challening three years ago, in it's current form it doesn't really prepare you for Ulduar. ToC works much better in a sense that it gives you fights where there's a lot going on in the fights but all encounters take place in one relatively small room and mechanics are fairly easy to understand. From there you can move into Ulduar where incoming damage really ramps up and you still have to deal with nasty mechanics, too bad gear is far worse than what you get from much easier ToC.