PDA

View Full Version : Few questions on what to do next

XGDragon
08-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Hello mighty numbersmiths;

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Saurfang&n=Kirisha)

Completely unbuffed I have 28k life, I know I'm overcapped on defense but I was in the process of replacing the leggings for Wyrmguard Legplates - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45842).

My questions are, what stat I should be going for from here (probably stamina?) and what gems I should be placing in the new legs?
It's a red and yellow slot, I was thinking enchanting my chestpiece with +275 health instead of the defense and going for a +30 sta / +30 sta gem enchant on the two slots in the new leggings, but perhaps I should invest some in more hit/expertise because I do have some threat issues. After all, I do think missing out on the socket bonus feels sloppy :)
Gems such as +10 expertise / 15 sta and +10 dodge / 15 sta? Picking up the +6 stamina as I go.

A quick question, I always feel as if I have not enough health, if 28k not enough? (unbuffed)

Apologies for not having better bracers, but 3 naxx runs and multiple OK runs bears no fruit :) I didn't want to enchant bracers with +40 stamina that are shoddy. I probably should have if I knew I'd be stuck with these for so long.

To make a long post short, I always get confused as to what gems I should be using. Probably just stamina gems? It all seems so simple if that were to be true. Do I need to (soft)cap my hit or something?

Thanks for answers, I realize this is my first post but I've been lurking around tankspot for guides and everything for some time; it was time for answers to the questions I've been building up! :)

PS: For how far in Ulduar10 am I geared enough? Certainly Ignis the Furnace Master, I successfully yesterday.

SixStringsXD
08-28-2009, 09:38 AM
I personally wouldn't take you anywhere near Ulduar with not even 30k unbuffed. You need to get the essence of gossamer (from Heroic AzN) and you need to try and get the Legplates of Sovereignity from Malygos25 and the Barricade of Eternity from Malygos 10. You have a dps weapon so yuo should get the armor plated combat shotgun. You can find a new ring from a vendor - get the Signet of the Impregnable Fortress because you need to get your expertise to 26 MINIMUM.

Alternatives would be the Dragonbrood Legguards from OS and you need to run Naxx a few times to update bracers, etc. Having two pieces of conqueres with all the rest of your gear being below par does not make you ready for Ulduar - even if you were lucky enough to down Ignis.

If you were in my guild I would have no problem carrying you through Naxx a few times but you need quite a few key upgrades before I would consider taking you into Ulduar.

Edit: Also do WG everyday and get honor to buy epic gems - +30 stams and if there is a slot that isnt blue/crafted you need to put in there anything that has stam/another stat to help you such as expertise/defense. You should also consider changing your spec a bit... You dont need the rage one from the arms tree and yuo need to finish toughness. The glyph of devastate is pretty awesome too if you're going for more of a threat set than a survival set. If you are going for a threat set the standard 15/5/51 should be just fine and if you aren't I would suggest 5/15/51 with improved shield wall and last stand for maximum survivability.

Good luck :]

Insahnity
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
I'd be inclined to agree you need some upgrades before going much further in uludar. You might down Kolo, but likely fail at IC. And that's assume you have the superstar raid that carried you through Ignis.

There are a tonne of uprgades through badges. Neckpiece from conquest, Cloak from valor, bracers from valor (or even AH, it's BoE), Crafted/emblem belt, ring from valor, I could keep going. And as stated before, you can get upgrades from running heroics and voa/OS/Maly/etc. grinding out emblems while trying for gear.

As for stats:
-546 is not the end of the world. I wouldn't drop down, while you are still re-gearing.
-Stop gemming for parry! Very bad! Gem expertise/stam instead, until 26ish expertise skill
-For yellow, if you don't need defense, go with hit/stam. Hit cap is 264.
-22 Defense is really hard to beat. I would not go with 275 health. Keep it and put stam instead of defense elsewhere (gemwise).

XGDragon
08-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I'd be inclined to agree you need some upgrades before going much further in uludar. You might down Kolo, but likely fail at IC. And that's assume you have the superstar raid that carried you through Ignis.

There are a tonne of uprgades through badges. Neckpiece from conquest, Cloak from valor, bracers from valor (or even AH, it's BoE), Crafted/emblem belt, ring from valor, I could keep going. And as stated before, you can get upgrades from running heroics and voa/OS/Maly/etc. grinding out emblems while trying for gear.

As for stats:
-546 is not the end of the world. I wouldn't drop down, while you are still re-gearing.
-Stop gemming for parry! Very bad! Gem expertise/stam instead, until 26ish expertise skill
-For yellow, if you don't need defense, go with hit/stam. Hit cap is 264.
-22 Defense is really hard to beat. I would not go with 275 health. Keep it and put stam instead of defense elsewhere (gemwise).

So get expertise/stam for red slots, hit/stam for yellow slots and stam for blue slots?

Is 262 the hitcap for Draenei?

Insahnity
08-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Ah yes, you are a Draenei. Hit cap is a lot less, 230ish.

As for gemming, go only up to soft caps at most. If you find yourself exceeding hit/expertise caps, go with defense/stam and dodge/stam. Remember defense past 540 is not bad, it still increases your chance to be missed and adds avoidance to all stats, but don't get stupid with it. There is no limit to stam.

XGDragon
08-28-2009, 01:46 PM
So we went Ulduar 10man tonight, (and I tanked the dwarf and the other guy at Iron Council with success;)!), got some shiny new things. A new cloak with expertise and the shield from Auriya. I'm confused about armor; how good is the 225 armor enchant? It sounds really lame. Is the agility better or should I just take the defense one even though I am over the cap?