PDA

View Full Version : Warrior tank-need help with threat issues

Daldin
08-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Here's my armory
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aerie+Peak&n=Daldin)

Currently there are a few members in my guild who are able to pull threat off me on single target boss fights. One of the most annoying ones is a hunter who refuses to MD. Even with vigalance and a large threat lead, he can still catch up on aggro. For most fights im spamming HS and Devastate at the same time, using thunderclap, Shockwave, revenge sheield slam+shield block when they are not on Cd. Can i get some tips on how i can improve my threat generation? I know im low on expertise, should i regem?

law90026
08-27-2009, 07:22 PM
If we're talking about threat generation, your hit is too high (9.4%) while your expertise is way too low. You will need to rejig some stuff to try to reach the 8% hit cap and gain expertise in the process (though I have no idea what other gear you might have that can help in that regard).

However, it's always hard to gauge what is going wrong without a log of some sort. It's easy to hear that a warrior is spamming all their abilities but we can't tell if there's an issue with your rotation until we see the abilities you use in an actual fight.

If you're spamming HS with Devastate, does that mean you are ONLY spamming HS with Devastate or spamming HS whenever you can? Also, if it's macroed together, does it lead to situations where you lack rage? Those might be things you can work on.

I have no idea what priority you are using as well.

Finally, if your hunter refuses to FD, then someone needs to speak to him. Hunter aggro gen is very high and he's being a dick if he refuses to use his threat drop abilities.

uglybbtoo
08-27-2009, 07:47 PM
If you had of done a forums search you would have found the sticky

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/41426-ideal-warrior-single-target-threat-rotation.html

Dont think its been updated for devastate being improved for last patch but that doesn't change much.

Omok
08-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Push buttons faster. And get more expertise.

luv2tank
08-27-2009, 09:23 PM
i have 2 hunters in my guild that push about 6k dps on targets. For one, they should know you are a warrior, not a god. If they dont MD then honestly, they should learn how to play their class, MD only lasts for so long....but-FEIGN DEATH is pretty much an agro dump. If they dont know how to use either, they should be shot or let them have the aggro until they learn how to play.

Thedom
08-27-2009, 09:29 PM
If the hunter is refusing to MD hes an idiot. If he is refusing to FD he is also an idiot. He should be using both. No point in spamming abilities and stealing aggro for a (probably) minor DPS increase. If your threat is truly that low then just work on your gear and ask him to hold off til you can resolve the issue, if he is a guild mate he should be willing to work with you. If not that is a totally different issue than your threat and should be resolved by the raid/class/guild leader.

Also I would suggest going for your Tier 8 or 9 shoulders as I would consider both an upgrade especially when low on expertise and high on hit and try to gem however you can to improve threat while not impacting your survivability/avoidance drastically.