PDA

View Full Version : Macro pains... Please help!!!!!!!

Igotreported
08-27-2009, 09:55 AM
I use 969 Macros as follows.
9 Second CD

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence [mod:alt] Consecration; reset=5 Holy Shield, Judgement of Wisdom, Consecration

6 Second CD

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence [mod:alt] Divine Plea; reset=5 Hammer of the Righteous, Shield of Righteousness

I entered OS the other night, and right from the start my 9 second Macro would only let me burn the first CD... from there on, I looked like an idiot, losing threat, actually caused a wipe on Sarth... Embarrassing. I got the group through the Raid, but it wasnt pretty. The only thing in the world that is different now (That I know of) is we have a new patch and some CDs are taking roughly 1 sec. Longer than before, essentially making it a 10/6/10 rotation... still, I have found no solution, and I can tell a lot of other people are NOT having the same problem as myself.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Synapse
08-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Personally, I never use a macro for those moves, for I consistently see the need to adapt and to do odd pulls if I want to keep my Caffeine-Monkey Fu going on.
The first thing I notice is that you are trying to keep divine plea in the 6s macro. For all we care, Divine Plea doesn't even need to be bound, for you either use it before combat or before you have to move again.
I'm not sure how resets work, but at 5 the macro would drop to zero every five seconds, becoming HS,JoW,HS,Cons,HS,JoW... all bound by the HS cooldown. Do you have the consecration glyph? If you do, set it on fire and throw it on a blender.
Same goes for the 6-second macro.

tuffmuffin
08-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Have you thought of simplifying the macros? Using the modifier is great and all, but I know for a fact that if you just had /castsequence reset=# Ability, Ability that the macros would work properly. The reset is only needed if you want the macros to reset out of combat or if you'll be having a large pause for some reason (Like Mimiron phase changes) naturally.

uglybbtoo
08-27-2009, 07:29 PM
I believe its a deliberate nerf to stop 1 button tanking same as they stopped hunters and DK's using 1 button dps.

The change is it no longer ignores a spell if the CD isnt up it waits for it in the same way the castrandom function was changed.

Sorry you will have to learn how to press 4 buttons like you should it's not like its rocket science.

BTW if you want blue post conformation that you are going against Blizz intent
World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Design Intent of /castrandom Macros (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=19110028260&postId=191084496090&sid=1)

Even if you find a work around they will kill it everytime they find a group doing it because you cross this line

/quote
players could just spam one key and have the game “do the right thing.”
/unquote

tuffmuffin
08-27-2009, 08:07 PM
I believe its a deliberate nerf to stop 1 button tanking same as they stopped hunters and DK's using 1 button dps.

The change is it no longer ignores a spell if the CD isnt up it waits for it in the same way the castrandom function was changed.

Sorry you will have to learn how to press 4 buttons like you should it's not like its rocket science.

BTW if you want blue post conformation that you are going against Blizz intent
World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Design Intent of /castrandom Macros (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=19110028260&postId=191084496090&sid=1)

Even if you find a work around they will kill it everytime they find a group doing it because you cross this line

/quote
players could just spam one key and have the game “do the right thing.”
/unquote
Except you're wrong. Sure, castrandom may work like that now, but castsequence does not. They explicitly mention castrandom in that post, they never make a hint at castsequence. I've been using castsequence macros on several of my classes and they work just fine.

Sorry, I'll keep pushing my one button (and when I say that I mean rolling my mousewheel and watching TV ;))

uglybbtoo
08-27-2009, 08:14 PM
LOL you hope follow the chain of discussion it is there intent to stop all such macro's and addons.

Sorry for you our suggestion we posted was to add a random penalty of up to 3sec into pressing a macro when it wasn't available.

So many of us will assist them to defeat exactly what you are trying to do and make no appology to you SKILL >>> GEAR in the game.

Wars
08-27-2009, 08:19 PM
In blizzard's world, if you are using a macro to play the game for you, they're going to try to stop that. If you are using a macro to make a choice for you instead of making the choice yourself, they will put things in to stop that.

I don't use any macro's on my tankadin or my warrior, my dk uses rune strike macro'd to all his abilities but that's just because Rune strike is an automatic burn with RP whenever I'm on him, no decision at all.

Other than that, I love spamming away at my keys looking like I'm playing the piano, except I'm tanking.

tuffmuffin
08-28-2009, 12:08 AM
LOL you hope follow the chain of discussion it is there intent to stop all such macro's and addons.

Sorry for you our suggestion we posted was to add a random penalty of up to 3sec into pressing a macro when it wasn't available.

So many of us will assist them to defeat exactly what you are trying to do and make no appology to you SKILL >>> GEAR in the game.
lol If you think I rely on the macros you're sorely mistaken. Until they fix something they implemented into the game themselves, I'm going to use it and if someone else wants to do the same that's their choice and I'll help them do it. If Blizzard didn't have the foresight to see this coming, it's their fault and they need to step it up. This has been going on for a few years now. End of the day, it's my choice to use the castsequence and its my choice of what rotation I put it in. Stop insulting me by assuming I have no skill because I use these macros and I ask that you take your high and mighty act towards me down the road and preach elsewhere.

The way I see it, it makes zero difference how many buttons you push as long as you know what you're doing. Doing 5 in a rotation is just as easy as mashing one or two over and over and it still won't require I look at the screen. It isn't like I don't use bossmods of some fashion that yell at me to move out of/into something or click a cooldown or nearby object when something happens, further dumbing down the game and further allowing me to not bother looking at my screen. Tanking is a VERY dull and easy job for me thus having my TV nearby is my own salvation.

I'm not asking for you to say you're sorry or give an apology for fighting so adamantly against people like me and I could care less about what changes they make to macros. The point is, the OP is asking for help and I offered it. Until they fix their own mistake, it's in the game and it's fair game to use. Until that happens, I acknowledge your suggestion to "l2p", but I'll do just fine without it. Skill > Gear is a great concept, and one that belongs nowhere in this thread since nothing in here has to do with gear. I'll tell you flat out my views on the Skill part though. This game is about taking your knowledge of the game and your class and turning that into this "skill" you speak of. Whether you take that skill and be lazy through macros or be slightly more involved by pressing a certain rotation is your own call. Even when they fix castsequence macros my point still remains; Knowledge = Skill and if you know what you're doing, it makes little difference if you use these macros or not. Obviously my views differ from yours since you're so adamant against these macros and are trying to "save the game" as it were (by trying to "defeat" people like me).

Now, back to my trolling. Have a nice day.