PDA

View Full Version : Failed on Sapp Naxx 25

Borstad
08-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I was the mt of a Naxx 25 run my guild was doing. More than 1/2 of the group was pugs and we went through the bosses. When we got to Sapp that is when the problems started.
The dps tried to blame me first wipe because I brought Sapp to the same position everytime he came down and it looked like his side to them, again pugs.
I really thought it was a dps/healer problem because it took heroism to get most of the dps above 3k and they had the magority of buffs (at least 1 of each class in raid and 3 pallys). Also, thanks to an addon I saw the dps dieing from frost aura. Can anyone confirm my beliefs?

Warwench
08-25-2009, 12:52 PM
I looked over your gear, you are more than equipped to handle Saph, sounds like some of your team might not have been as prepared.

Darkroman
08-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Frost resist aura, or shaman frost resist totem. Having those up will help a bit. It just seems to me like it's a raid healer's problem if DPS dies from the frost aura. Sapphiron is easy, my guild 1 shotted him. Only thing to watch out for is his breath when he goes up in the air (hide behind ice blocked people). If the DPS is on the side of him (which they should be), it should be all good.

Sounds to me like it's a healer deal.

On a side note, I hate it when healers complain. I know it's a stressful job, and can be hard at times, but really, if people don't die, then they've done their job, and you've done yours.

XtreO
08-25-2009, 02:47 PM
Over 3k on DPS - more than enough. Like much more.
Your gear and assuming you didn't fuck up - great.

That only leaves one option.

Insahnity
08-25-2009, 03:22 PM
I hate it when people blame the healers. We just don't have enough information.

Were people doing 3k dps in frost resist gear? if so thats decent. Were they doing 3k in regular gear? That's not comforting, and they probably stood in the blizzard while doing that.

If you want to review your own standing, your gear looks fine, but maybe your positioning may not have been optimal. Tail swipe and cleave are a killer, make sure you pick up saph quickly and bring him to position to keep cleaves and tail swipes out of the raid.

Was it mostly ranged or melee dps? if melee dps, they stand beside you or at the tail instead of the side and take stupid damage? Did they ignore blizzards and forced healers to bruteforce heal, or were they smart and looked after their skin? How many healers? what types? Maybe not enough healers or incorrect types (insufficient mix of raid or single target healers).

Did some key people die early? I find people wipe as key spots (i.e. healers or top DPS) die to stupid things like being out of range of healers while standing in blizzard, failing to get behind iceblocks in time, people up to shenanigans (mages iceblocking and others hiding behind the fake iceblock), etc.

Needs more info. And Grey Poupon.

Borstad
08-25-2009, 06:25 PM
No one was wearing frost resistance gear and only 2 people were above 3k first attempt and all the rest were closer to the 2.5k range with only a few people below me in dps (my recount said I pulled about 1.8k dps which I do not know how accurate that is).

The only single target healer we had, a pally, was on me. The rest of the healers we had were 2 druids, a priest, and 2 shamans.
As I said I put sapp in the same position each time and I could not see past sapp about the blizzards so I had no clue about that.

No one stood beside me and no one was behind me. Most people either died to the ice breath or to the frost aura, but that did not happen till after the first ice breath and each healer was assigned a group so I am guessing the healer died.

Also, only a few people ended up dieing to the blizzard and it seemed like everyone was avoiding it because they were always spread out in a line right before ice breath (air) stage.

uglybbtoo
08-25-2009, 07:27 PM
You remained up so your healer is doing his job and losing the MT is the most common problem because there are some large damage spikes and many use 2 healers on MT.

Postioning of saph is not that critical so long as raid is one of the sides.

So really can only be

1.) dps/healers standing in the aoe or not hiding behind ice blocks
2.) 5 healers on the raid and the raid died .. healer issue.

You can't say its a dps issue because from what you are saying it's not like the fight is dragging on to the 15min enrage timer.

I must say I have seen naxx pugs where healers stand in the aoe blizzard healing not watching there own health and die. It just needs to be explained to everyone that they need to keep out of that stuff as much as they can.

Insahnity
08-26-2009, 10:56 AM
So really can only be

1.) dps/healers standing in the aoe or not hiding behind ice blocks
2.) 5 healers on the raid and the raid died .. healer issue.

My conclusion of where the fault lies. Clearly he stated people died to ice breath.