PDA

View Full Version : Snap AOE threat for blood?

tsukiyuri
08-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi, i was just wondering if there was any way to get a little "snap" threat on 3 mobs or more after the initial AOE pull
DnD > IT > PS > Pest
at that point i'm out of runes and only have Dark Command and Death Grip up.

this is basically to solve the problem when i party with a Demo lock :P

they pull something like 3-5k tps per target on AOE and can keep it up for a good 10-15 secs. I never really get the chance to catch up at that point.

the following macro was a great help, i saw my threat jump up rapidly after using it.
#showtooltip
/cast (insert spell here)
/cast !Rune Strike

is there an easy fix that can help like this or am i SOL? would a diff spec/tree solve this?
right now im just tab targeting through all the baddies hoping that i can eventually pass them in threat for most of them.

my armory is WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Dragonmaw&name=tsukiyuri)

p.s. im also grinding a bit for some more emblems for gear . . . maybe thats just the issue?

PrimalHitman
08-25-2009, 10:50 AM
after your pestilence use blood boil. awesome for aoe threat mate

Gnurled
08-25-2009, 10:59 AM
For snap aoe on blood spec, really your only option is DnD->BB, which will burn 4 of your 6 runes. Obviously not optimal, but if it saves a wipe, hey.

My rotation for multiple mob pull is DnD->IT->PS->Pest then dump RP and typically a second or two wait and BB. It's important to get the BB in while DnD is still up. After that I rarely lose aggro on any of them. On reg ToC that keeps all three on me for the whole first phase fight as long as DPS is going thru them in order i.e. hitting the same one I am at any given time. You do have a second or two of downtime at the start but I find it to be a really solid multi pull.

Generally after the first one goes down and if the fight is easy I'll do a quick tab shuffle between the remaining mobs, giving each a smack to refresh threat just in case.

Zivh
08-25-2009, 10:50 PM
For AoE pulls where I know my DPS is going to be burning immediately (such as Razorscale in Ulduar), I usually go the route of DnD->BB->IT->PS->Blood Tap->Pest. This gets you the initial aggro and still allows you to spread your diseases for the continued aggro. On only a minute cooldown, its a really good use of Blood Tap and by the next time you need it it should already be off CD.

tsukiyuri
08-26-2009, 07:41 AM
For AoE pulls where I know my DPS is going to be burning immediately (such as Razorscale in Ulduar), I usually go the route of DnD->BB->IT->PS->Blood Tap->Pest. This gets you the initial aggro and still allows you to spread your diseases for the continued aggro. On only a minute cooldown, its a really good use of Blood Tap and by the next time you need it it should already be off CD.

Thank You!
this was perfect and the kind of thing i was looking for! I had totally forgotten about blood tap and will start using it much more often on those kind of pulls.

I was just wondering if it wouldn't be better to go with the following rotation:
DnD > IT > PS > Pest > Blood Tap > BB
This should give the double strength BB since diseases are on the target.

I tried to also going to make the Blood Tap > BB part a single button macro since Blood Tap is off the GCD. Do any of you know a nice macro that will let me still use BB even if Blood Tap is on CD? It wont let me use it if it is.

thanks again for all the great help :D

Satorri
08-26-2009, 07:46 AM
We're not well equipped for aoe snap threat, but you can setup quickly if you're used to it.

DnD is important to set that first, then IT/PS/Pest (if you play it right that's 2 GCDs once they've actually reached you in melee). With 3 targets I'd Blood Tap and HS. If there are 4 or more targets, I'd BB instead.

If you need to prop up snap threat on one target, I'd just smack a quick DS. Its damage doesn't require diseases (HS and BB both scale with diseases), so it can be a nice boost though you'll miss the heal. Personally I wouldn't bother BB'ing or HS'ing before your diseases are up, the threat isn't THAT much better unless you're worried about heal threat pulling off you in the first 5 seconds.