PDA

View Full Version : Looking to improve

Kensu
08-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I feel like I have hit a plateau. I have run out of things to read on tanking and started reading DPS threads to see if there is something to be learned there to improve my tanking and I did pick up a trick or two.

However, I would like you guys to find holes in my tanking gear and/or talent spec.

My Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Kensuness)

I tend to favor EH gear over avoidance when possible. And I favor expertise over hit rating on non-taunting heavy fights. Slots I am looking at upgrading next are both trinket slots and my weapon slot. I just have not been lucky with the drops on those slots.

Also I was considering shuffling around my gems to resocket and get different socket bonuses.

And as far as threat goes, only fight where I seem to struggle is the Arena half of the Thorim fight. I find it difficult to hold all of the adds all of the time. Seems like DPS can peel off me fairly easy as I am spreading threat around to keep crap off the healers. Any tips for a blood tank there would be helpful. Generally my rotation is dropping DnD right before the commoners spawn. Single target one of the larger adds. Either the warbringer or the Evoker (we have a second tanking picking up the champs to pull them out of the group). And cast IT and PS then with my last rune pestience. Then just use BB until the little adds are dead then check for loose mobs. Rinse and repeat. Our shadow priests tend to go splat during this phase almost, without fail, in fact I cannot remember the last time they lived thought this phase. Single target threat isn't a problem at all even on fight like General.

Please, poke holes and let me know where I am making mistakes. I am trying to improve anyway I can.