PDA

View Full Version : Need info on gemming

Takuya
08-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Hello everyone here on tankspot,
I have been thinking a bit about my gems/enchants and how i could improve myself.
I'm mainly focusing on getting around 30k hp unbuffed def cap and for the rest i have been stacking dodge rating through 8dodge/12stam gems.
Now while checking around a bit i found alot of info about getting agi gems for the armor/dodge or should i just stick to the dodge gems.
Here is my armory link The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Takuya) maybe you guys have some more tips on how to improve my overal survivability.

Mert
08-24-2009, 04:30 AM
Firstly you seem to have logged out with a healing Libram equipped - go for the Triumph one if you can or one of the two Conquest ones (probably Sacred Shield) if not, if you haven't already.

I personally wouldn't bother matching the socket bonus for anything that's either non-Stamina or +6 Stam or less. +9 only if one of the sockets is blue and +12 more or less always. You have a lot of Dodge/Stam hybrids in your gear, but while Dodge is obviously nice the reality of Tier 8 & 9 is that more effective health is generally the way to go.

Where the socket bonus is good, I go for Stam in all blue sockets, Def/Stam in yellow and Agi/Stam in red. The reason for Agi over Dodge is that it scales with King, giving you almost the same avoidance from it as Dodge gems, plus a little Armor (EH) and Crit (threat).