PDA

View Full Version : Pally tank feed back needed

Kuhlz
08-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey I am not new to tanking but still need some help and feed back with my gear and spec all feed back is highly welcomed!

here is my link The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Kuhlz)

also what should my avoidance hp and all that be before I try a heroic 10 man toc

Alot of pallys tell me I should be going for block over my dodge and parry this true? Is there such thing as too much dodge and parry?:confused: What wep enchant is best for pally tanks?

Noso
08-21-2009, 01:10 PM
I can't really comment on being 10 man ToC qualified or not, as I myself have yet to enter. At a quick glance I do see that your Hit is extremely low, from my readings and research here on Tankspot, one of the best returns (not saying #1 but top 3 easily) is +hit until cap. You are expertise softcap'd which from reading is basically as far as pallies should try for?...

I do have a follow up question, what weapon did you replace for Peacekeeper blade? For others out there, is that weapon a weapon of choice, and why? Seems like you lose alot of Def and realatively hit as well?

Some talk on spec, I myself currently use divinity however through reading I'm finding that those points are better off over in the Ret tree but more experienced pallies might be able to contribute more to that. I'd say maybe place them in Conviction or Vindication?...

Hope somebody more qualified than I comes along to Halp and I myself wouldn't mind a glance and some advice......

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Noso)

Kuhlz
08-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I had broken promise before peace keeper

Kuhlz
08-22-2009, 02:11 AM
anyone else with input could really use it!

Ryoku
08-22-2009, 02:13 AM
hello, I have some comments concerning your talent tree:
I would take out the 5 points of divinity: usually what kills you is that you don't get a heal and not that the heal is too small by a couple of percent (assuming the biggest heal you can get is a lay on hands with +/- 20k you would get 1000 more in this case).
The 5 points can be spend in judgement of the just (reducing mele attack speed by 20% is a nice debuff).

You should be able to take 1 point out of SA (1 is usually enough)

You can fill up the heart of the crusader.

Take 1 point out of improved judgments to improve your rotation (969)

that one you can put some point in vindication and conviction.

Tazlex
08-22-2009, 06:37 AM
5 Points into Divinity isn't necessary. Not bad, but I guess its more of a luxury talent in a way. Should remove one point out of Improved Judgements and place that somewhere to at least have the 10 points to reach the next tier of talents in the retribution tree. Mostly due to the 969 Paladin Standard Rotation.

Vindication is a rather nice talent to pick up now, our own little Demoralizing Shout on Bosses and mobs. I don't know how much Seals of the Pure vs Conviction has changed much with the adjustment to Corruption on the last patch, and definitely pick up Jugdements of the Just for the reduced attack speed and 20 second CD reduction on our main stun, HoJ.

Haven't heard much on Heroic ToCs. Guessing its Hard Mode version of allthe bosses? More damage dealt, more hp, more stay out of the fire.

Mert
08-24-2009, 04:47 AM
Your gear is fine for ToC-10 on Normal (obviously not seen Heroic yet) so no worries there. You'll have higher threat in ToC-10/25 from a 3/3 Crusade build than a 5/5 SotP build but either way threat isn't a huge issue for us yet. As others have said, however, Judgements of the Just is not optional - it's one of our strongest mitigation talents and is very cheap at only two points. It'll save your life a billion times over before Divinity does. You probably only need 1/2 Spiritual Attunement and you only need 1/2 Improved Judgements, though you need some kind of filler to reach the latter tiers of Ret anyway so it's not a big deal.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Alonsus&n=Mertissielle&group=1

Is my build - pretty standard 0/53/18 3/3 Crusade build. 2/2 Improved Hammer of Justice or 2/2 Divine Guardian is personal preference depending on what your raid needs. Likewise 3/5 Conviction vs 1/5 Conviction + 2/2 Persuit of Justice - basically depends whether you feel running faster is useful to your playstyle or not. You're definitely on the right track and you'll have no trouble with ToC, especially if you pick up JotJ. Good luck :)

Toushiro
08-24-2009, 04:50 AM
as far as gear goes I use this list for all my upgrades.

View topic - Petrus' WotLK Gear List - Maintankadin (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=20890)

Kuhlz
08-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Thank you for all the reply's! I am going to mess with my spec a lil bit and get vindiction and things. I am still clueless on what enchant to go with tho!

Mert
08-25-2009, 04:19 AM
The Armory is down just now unfortunately, but I assume you're talking about weapon enchants? If so, I personally use Mongoose but Blood Draining is good for survivability (much better now that it can't leapfrog Ardent Defender), Agility is good for avoidance, Accuracy is good for threat. There's no clear winner so a lot of it is down to personal preference and your own playstyle. Blade Ward still sucks though ;)