PDA

View Full Version : Yet another rookie question

Baervar
08-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Regarding a warrior's overall AOE threat potential. A friend brought me to wow a few weeks ago and i decided to go with a tank since, well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I've managed to catch up on a lot info about the class (though i'm still lacking in some basic principles, hence why i'm browsing these forums :P ).
Thing is i'm finding troubles holding aggro when he goes AOE. He is a naxx25/emblem of conquest geared mage (maybe some Ulduar stuff too? not sure) while i'm under that (i'll throw in my armory link in just a bit) and whenever he blizzards he ends up in taking all but my current targets unless i switch individual attacks around and hit everyone a bit. I generally just charge, clap, shockwave, clap and demoralizing shout. Any advice here.

And the armory link: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarshield+Legion&n=Baervar)

Yes i know my second trinket sucks badly, i've been doing AN hc every day for almost a week for a better one, as well as OK for the wrists.
Doing totc hc for a few days too for the tank sword and shoulders.

Anyway thanks in advance for your time and advice :)

Kraul
08-21-2009, 12:41 PM
"unless i switch individual attacks around and hit everyone a bit."

you answered your own question

Once you charge, TC, Shocwave, you can get at least two mobs hit with a quick devestate, TC again and keep going.

While TC and Shockwave are AOE abilities that have made viable AOE tanking for warriors easier. They can't be the only thing you use in those situations.

Baervar
08-21-2009, 01:09 PM
So if i am in a raid handling a pack of say 6+ weaker elites i will rely on my off-tank more, right?

Also an extra question - how well equipped would you say i have to be to handle the 10 man version of trial of the crusader?

SixStringsXD
08-21-2009, 01:13 PM
When I'm tanking I have a habit of following a very strict patterns which changes depending on the number of mobs.

Most likely I will heroic throw, target furthest mob, charge and thunderclap while running (yes you can do that, good old Ciderhelm :]), shield slam that target then proceed to turn around and blast all of them with a nice shockwave. For trash I nearly always spam cleave (rotating targets periodically) as I usually have a good amount of rage.

I don't usually throw up revenge or shield slam while tanking trash (yes I know, how terrible) but this rotation is usually pretty good. If all else fails, go back to marking and there will never be a problem - so long as your fellow players knows sskull dies first >.>

SixStringsXD
08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
So if i am in a raid handling a pack of say 6+ weaker elites i will rely on my off-tank more, right?

Also an extra question - how well equipped would you say i have to be to handle the 10 man version of trial of the crusader?

Pretty much, not very often will a mob get by TWO tanks - and don't underestimate the power of vigilance, it has made my life a lot easier once I threw it on a DK (or one particular warlock in my guild who pulls aggro like nobodies business)

ToC is actually a lot tougher than most would think and my personal believe is Naxx25/Uld gear (with some other throw in - its more abuot stats than the particular items)