PDA

View Full Version : Is this good

Tik
08-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Ok Guys I have been using this site as a guide for a very long time now for the very nice raid tutorial videos and also for spec changes. I would like to get some opinions of this spec if possible. This is the first time I have taken the time to research and come up with my own spec instead of copying someone elses. As you will be able to see for some reason I like to go for Builds that most people will sway away from for instance the spec being UH and toon being dual wielded. But I just like to be 1 of a kind i guess so plz let me know your opinions.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Ti%C3%B1k)

dhthomps
08-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Ok Guys I have been using this site as a guide for a very long time now for the very nice raid tutorial videos and also for spec changes. I would like to get some opinions of this spec if possible. This is the first time I have taken the time to research and come up with my own spec instead of copying someone elses. As you will be able to see for some reason I like to go for Builds that most people will sway away from for instance the spec being UH and toon being dual wielded. But I just like to be 1 of a kind i guess so plz let me know your opinions.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Ti%C3%B1k)

First - grammar and clear questions are very important to getting solid answers.

Second - Getting bone shield and Veteran of the Third War in the same spec is possible, but not recommended. Remember the Death Knight trees have excellent synergy within themselves - going 50 points in a single tree is often very beneficial. Markedly you will see an increase in your threat per second.

Third - Cookie-cutter builds aren't inherently bad, you just have to understand why the choices are made. My honest recommendation for beginners is to START with a cookie-cutter build, and then tailor it to your specific needs.

vine
08-21-2009, 09:29 AM
It's generally a poor choice going for hybrid builds unless it's for a specific encounter, and only then if you understand the choices you are making. As dhthomps said, cookie-cutter builds are used because they work, well. They generally have great threat and survivability which is why so many people use them as a starting template.
My advice is choose your side, Blood or Unholy, start with a standard build, then tweak it how you like. You'll probably only move 5-10 points around before you lose the synergy of that tree, so take it in small steps.

One of the glaring issues of your spec is a lack of expertise talent, this can be remedied with gear, sure, but it means stacking gear/gems or your threat will suffer. Also all your glyphs are survival, no threat glyphs. Depending on what level of content you are tackling this could become an issue.
You are dual-weilding, afaik Frost is the only tree with any kind of decent DW threat through 3/3 Threat of Thassarian. Again it depends on what content you are tackling and how geared your dps is.

Tik
08-21-2009, 03:07 PM
First - grammar and clear questions are very important to getting solid answers.

Second - Getting bone shield and Veteran of the Third War in the same spec is possible, but not recommended. Remember the Death Knight trees have excellent synergy within themselves - going 50 points in a single tree is often very beneficial. Markedly you will see an increase in your threat per second.

Third - Cookie-cutter builds aren't inherently bad, you just have to understand why the choices are made. My honest recommendation for beginners is to START with a cookie-cutter build, and then tailor it to your specific needs.

ok I was basicaly looking for an experienced deathknight tanks advice on this. Not someone with a child's mentality. but ty anyways..

Ty very much Vine I will take a look at that. Right now I just got done with our 25 ulduar and I was at 40k life with 60% aviodence and my dps was 2.7k and didnt have any threat issues at all but I agree with you on the glyphs I will look into that and see what changes I need to make :)