PDA

View Full Version : UA Tank Spec

ValofFSW
08-20-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm currently beginning to tank some of the hard mode content in Ulduar (Hodir, XT, etc) and I'm looking for the UA tanking spec. I know Ciderhelm mentioned it in one of the hard mode videos but I haven't been able to actually find the spec. Does anyone have/know the spec? Even the breakdown (like 0/0/0) would be a great help.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone knows the downside to the spec. Obviously it's not a multiple target tanking spec, but assuming there is only the boss (ala most bosses in Uld) is this a spec that is superior to the 15/5/51 spec?

krc
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM
The UA spec would be this Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAMuzf0t0brR0MZZVctrx0zid:bAiMmz) Right now with the buffing of devastate and especially with a glyph of devastate I am pretty sure its not worth it compared to a standard threat spec. Not to mention Unrelenting Assualt gives your survivability compared to a normal threat/damage spec aswel.

ValofFSW
08-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Thanks a lot for the spec. That's basically what I had come up with, but I wasn't sure if it was worth dropping the last 3 points in prot over AttT. I don't plan to use the spec for regular tanking. Any true tanking I do will be as the 15/5/51 spec - especially in the colloseum. But I thought the point of the UA spec was that it basically turned the tank into another dps, which is a huge help in brute force encounters like XT, Hodir, and Thorim hard modes.