PDA

View Full Version : Just some help and a few dps/pvp quesions.

General darkist
08-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Hi im darkist new to tankspot but you come highly recomended.
Ok so ill give you some background i played wow as warrior pretty hardcore in vanilla did all the usual suspects ony.Molten Bore, some BWL and ZG i quit around AQ opening, while i was lvl55 WSG was released and got me hooked onto PVP i managed to gain rank12 and loved tha whole premade scene (if i had not been working i probaly would of gone for rank14).
So i reactivated my acc around 2 months ago and with a /flex and a /roar im back in business hell things have changed somewhat i have 2 new exp packs to digest and lots of new stats and class changes to get to grips with so i could use some advice......
My 1st question is hit rating, i understand that pvp cap is 5% and pve 8% because im going for the 100k honor kills title PVP is what i enjoy and do the most followed by arena then dps warrior , so my question is i have been using around 3% hit rating in pvp and not really noticing many misses but recently upped my hit rating to 130 which is 3.96% and it feels fine in pvp both BG's coming top 3 on kills most games and in arena winning 10/11 games in a row regulary so if ssome one could look at my armoury profile and gief some advice it would be gratefully recieved.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&n=Darkist)

The second questions leads on from the 1st question Enchants for weapon,i currently have beserker which i was unsure about but i love proc based enchants nothing better than waiting for beserker proc and mirror of truth to proc and dropping a recklessness sweeping strike bladestorm :) , but the reduction of armour and it somewhat affecting Armoured to teeth made me wonder if 110ap is better or as im an enchanter the 25crit and hit ench as i miss the 5% crit from axes.

3rd question im gemmed in 20 stre gems but have 1 20 arp gem in my gloves my arp is 22% plus the 10 from battle stance 32%?? what should i aim for in arena?
Thanks very much for any advice given
General Darky :P

Kazeyonoma
08-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Read posting rules again please.

Armory links and individual evaluations belong in the HALP! Forum.

Moved.

Welcome to the site btw!

Destruyen
08-19-2009, 10:34 AM
hit cap really isn't as important in pvp like it is in pve, but it's nice to know that your 5k+ execute wont miss when going for a kill in arenas.

beserking is THE best weapon chant. even with the ap loss from attt, it still averages to something like 140-150ap over time.

arp gemming is really the only way for a warrior to compete in arenas against cleave teams and prot pallies. i have around 30% from gems/gear in my pvp set before battle stance. i try to align my burst with grim toll procs. gem arp, get grim toll and never look back.

and get that axe from the new 5 man heroic dungeon, same stats as ironsoul but you get the benefit of using axe spec.

General darkist
08-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Ah sorry for wrong forum post, Thanks for the reply destruyen yes i will certainly go for that axe i much prefer axe spec the %5 dps increase does that stack with meta 3%btw?
But what i get confused with is the passive arp from mace then switching to axe, last weapon was a wraith spear with all arp gems stacked i should do the same if i can get the axe?

and a quick final question : Do you think i can get away with replacing a 20 hit gem with a 20crit gem when my hiyt is at 130?
thanks dude