PDA

View Full Version : Some help please :)

Notion
08-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Hey I'm new here, this is my first post.

I'm here because I'm leveling a Paladin and I'm doin a lot of studying on how to be a 'good' tankadin. I have a lot of expierence with Paladins as ret, but never Prot. I've read almost every guide here on Paladin tanking, and the one thing I don't get at all is the math that goes a long with some of the guides here.

I don't see how it all comes out. And just a thought, can you stack Parry or Dodge and get avoidance to 100%? There is still that chance you can get hit though, but that means you don't really have to Stamstack.

Vorla
08-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Exactly what maths is it that you don't understand? Sometimes the maths have been reiterated so many times that not all specifics are not mentioned.

Parry, Dodge, Block and Miss can together reach 102.4%, you will then either avoid or block every single hit against you.

Notion
08-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Like Extra Health, not really getting converted or anything.

And, then what's the point of defence or stamina? Just stack AP and dps/tank

Vorla
08-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Block is a fixed value that removes a certain amount of damage from each hit. Obviously this makes it more powerful against trash than bosses.

Even if you reach 102.4% avoidance, you will still take damage - whatever damage that your blocks don't manage to shave off, which in the case of Ulduar bosses still is quite a lot.

Notion
08-18-2009, 11:42 PM
Ohhhh.

I get it know, block doesn't block all of damage, just some.

That makes sense.

Thanks Vorla :)