PDA

View Full Version : DK tank need advice for Ulduar 10

impknecbone
08-18-2009, 03:03 PM
heres a link to armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Nimei)

hi, I'm a Dk tank who are looking to tank ulduar raids, I've never tanked ulduar before so I needs some advice on gearing/talent and something to lookout for in ulduar, hit me up plz.
Thank You=>

Insahnity
08-18-2009, 04:13 PM
The short answer is that you should be fine.

Longer answers:
-Your expertise is woefully low, from getting all that ulduar level gear. You may need to swap out some gems for expertise, or look for expertise gear. Please note, Nax 25 is FULL of expertise gear.
-Stop using 18 stam patches, they are terribad. For chest, use 22 def or 10 stats. For gloves consider either armsman or expertise, 22 stam or tuskarrs for boots.
-If you can afford epic gems, you can afford 55 stam/22 agi leg patch
-Get your smithing up so you can get sockets on gloves and bracers. It's pretty big.
-If loot is an issue, prioritize a weapon first over anything else. you can also get a decent helm from HToC, if you dont chase after T8.5 from badges.
-For spec, swap out Sudden Doom for Imp Icy Touch. You also missed rune tap, you might look where else you can get 4 points to pick that up. Sudden doom isa bit more threat, as compared to a lot of mitgation from Imp Icy touch (unless you have another specced DK to keep that up, or a TC warrior, specced paladin tank, specced feral bear, etc.).
-Glyphs appear OK to me.

impknecbone
08-18-2009, 06:14 PM
The short answer is that you should be fine.

Longer answers:
-Your expertise is woefully low, from getting all that ulduar level gear. You may need to swap out some gems for expertise, or look for expertise gear. Please note, Nax 25 is FULL of expertise gear.
-Stop using 18 stam patches, they are terribad. For chest, use 22 def or 10 stats. For gloves consider either armsman or expertise, 22 stam or tuskarrs for boots.
-If you can afford epic gems, you can afford 55 stam/22 agi leg patch
-Get your smithing up so you can get sockets on gloves and bracers. It's pretty big.
-If loot is an issue, prioritize a weapon first over anything else. you can also get a decent helm from HToC, if you dont chase after T8.5 from badges.
-For spec, swap out Sudden Doom for Imp Icy Touch. You also missed rune tap, you might look where else you can get 4 points to pick that up. Sudden doom isa bit more threat, as compared to a lot of mitgation from Imp Icy touch (unless you have another specced DK to keep that up, or a TC warrior, specced paladin tank, specced feral bear, etc.).
-Glyphs appear OK to me.

thx for reply, its really helpful,ima swap a few of those non-epic gems for the expertise gem and try to get a better weapon.

Okiesmokie
08-18-2009, 06:28 PM
You can also get 275 health to chest.

toonnamefail
08-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Runetap is a playstyle ability but certainly not a necessity, personally I find the ability useless in raids but there are tanks who swear by it. IIT is also something else easily covered by several other classes in raids right now so make sure to get it "if" you think it won't be covered by other classes.

SD is not the greatest talent, I would personaly try and make some room for necrosis/hysteria

<4

r45hnu
08-19-2009, 04:28 AM
The same question from me - how do you think - should i be able to find a group to Ulduar 10 man?

My armory link is:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight's+Hammer&n=Ritualist)

Insahnity
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
The same question from me - how do you think - should i be able to find a group to Ulduar 10 man?

My armory link is:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight's+Hammer&n=Ritualist)

Technically, some people would say yes, but it looks like you have not seen much of nax25 yet, just spider and plague. I'd try spending some more time in nax25 first, get a few full raids in. Get nax25/OS25/Voa25 Upgrades, enchant them up, and then we can review.

At the very least you can do much better on a cloak with badges before then (Platinum mesh from valour badges)

Glyphs look OK to me.

Spec seems mostly OK. I think Merciless Combat points could have been better spent elsewhere, but where to do so is open for debate, given you need the 2 points to reach HB.

r45hnu
08-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Technically, some people would say yes, but it looks like you have not seen much of nax25 yet, just spider and plague. I'd try spending some more time in nax25 first, get a few full raids in. Get nax25/OS25/Voa25 Upgrades, enchant them up, and then we can review.

At the very least you can do much better on a cloak with badges before then (Platinum mesh from valour badges)

Glyphs look OK to me.

Spec seems mostly OK. I think Merciless Combat points could have been better spent elsewhere, but where to do so is open for debate, given you need the 2 points to reach HB.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm getting the cloak tomorrow so this spot is solved (t8.5 chest pice comming right after that).
As 25 man raids are concerned, well I have to say that I'm not a big fan of them. I did 25 man os many times, same goes with VoA. Naxx 25 is most of the time out of reach for me simply because my guilds have never been big enough to make their own 25 man raid. I find 25 man PUG's useless and good source of frustration only (trying 4th time to get a group for Thaddius, anyone?).
Anyone tried to do ulduar 10 in 10 man naxx equipment?

Juleye
08-20-2009, 05:02 AM
Anyone tried to do ulduar 10 in 10 man naxx equipment?
I tanked ulduar 10 with my death knight before 3.2 in all naxx10 gear without a problem at all. My threat was a bit low but gemming expertise helped me out a bunch. Before the patch my dk was sitting at around 20% parry and 28% dodge. I turned my war into a tank with the launch of 3.2 though so I couldn't really tell you how good the naxx10 gear holds up now, although my OT is a DK in a lot of ilvl200 items and doesn't really take that much of a beating.