PDA

View Full Version : Frost Tank Getting Geared for Naxx - Help!

Mctank
08-17-2009, 04:16 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mok%27Nathal&n=Mctank)

I'll start out by saying that this single thread is most of the reason I registered on TankSpot, though I read articles here almost daily. I've been DK tanking since I hit around 70, but I was originally an unholy tank. Only switched because a guild member told me it was going to be "so much easier."

My main problem right now is threat generation. I know I need more hit and more expertise, but im not sure what gear I should be attempting to go after right now.

Any help would be awesome, and I look forward to some feedback!

Insahnity
08-17-2009, 04:19 PM
*Tiredly holds up a faded sign "Will Critique for Armory Link", while scooping up falling bits of wood*

Mctank
08-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Sorry about that, Its up at the top now.

Gearfighter
08-17-2009, 05:05 PM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/41838-death-knight-tanking-gear-list.html
this is the thread for DK gear, all the way up to Naxx 25, ive followed this the whole way and i am doing great with tanking, i suggest frost DK as you have more aoe threat control, and other questions feel free to message me on site

Zivh
08-17-2009, 11:20 PM
One thing:

WHY THE #$&^@ DON'T YOU HAVE ANY PROFESSIONS!?!?!?!?!?!

Sterbefall
08-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Don't use Glyph of HB and DnD (hint: go with Howling Blast). Get Glyph of Obliterate. Replace Death Grip with Frost Strike.

Spec out of Epidemic, Morbidity, Unholy Command, RPM, and Icy Reach. Spec into Bladed Armor and (SoB or CotG).

Insahnity
08-18-2009, 01:34 PM
*Carefully puts away sign within easy reach*

Ok first off, regardless of Nax, you need a LOT of upgrades outside of nax, and you need to get cracking. I would NOT tank nax now, instead I would go DPS, beg profusely to be excused of your poor DPS, and mooch gear from badge farmers. Unless it's spell plate or vendor trash, if it drops in Nax it's an upgrade for you, but most people don't want to drag along people, unless it's a guildie.

Your other option is to grind some more out of nax, which is the way to go. There's no point in going into more detail, that's how far back you are. Worrying about hit and expertise is kind of like worrying about what colour to paint a room when you don't have a house.

I see you have been to Trial of Champions, keep plugging away until you get the belt and the trinket from regular. If you get tired of that, there's a nice belt and stam trinket in H AN, a nice ring in H Gundrak, a defense trinket from regular H HoL, etc., I'm sure if you have been here enough you have seen several posts advocating what to run when.

Zivh is correct, you simply must have professions. If you want to accomplish this quickly and economically, pick up mining and skinning. Mining and Herbalism is more useful to tanks if you want 2 gatherer professions, but Mining and Smithing or mining and JC is a good bet too. If you take 2 gathering professions, just flood the AH with your goods. If you take mining and smithing/JC, just concentrate on smithing/JC, the mining will go up automatically. Get to know an enchanter and disenchant anything you can't sell on AH and sell the enchanting materials.

Once you have less blues and more purples, we can take a stab at spec, glyphs, gems, enchants, etc. Also, I would avoid spending your badges at this point. The only thing you should buy with badges is a DK sigil, the rest can wait until you have acquired more gear.