PDA

View Full Version : New DK tank, not enough avoidance?

Remaxx
08-16-2009, 11:01 PM
I've just recently started tanking and I was attempting to tank TOC, reg tonight for the first time. We wiped on the second boss a couple of times. Admittedly, once was my aggro control and I corrected for it. The other times, the healer said I was taking too much damage and I don't have enough avoidance.

The World Of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Agamaggan&n=Remaxx)

Anyone make some suggestions as to things I can fairly easily get to swap out to get that dodge and parry over about 14% as it is now. I'm def capped with about 24.5k HP and 22.5K armor.

BTW, I dual spec'd expecting to tank in FROST but find that my avoidance and other stats are WORST in frost and I tank in UNHOLY.

Maybe I'm just not ready, gear wise, to tank in TOC, even regular.

Thoughts please?

toonnamefail
08-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Both your specs are pretty terrible for tanking and neither of them have the standard 5/5/5 setup. Gear wise never socket for str or crit rating and never socket for straight parry or dodge in fact just don't gem for parry all together. Blue slots should be pure stam, red slots dodge/stam or exp/stam with Yellow being hit/stam and ur your capped pure stam again.

Remaxx
08-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Thanks for advice. I will start with the build and gems as you say without jeopardizing the def cap.

Jaeden
08-17-2009, 10:09 AM
You shouldn't have to gem at all for defense. First thing I would do, after respec, is to replace the greens, then stop using the FR chest and fill any red/blue gem slots with exp/sta. If you aren't capped defense, get the defense sigil and you have a 10 defense buffer.

In the 3 gem slots you get free for being a BS, put in straight stamina.

Last of all: Enchant your stuff. Replace your bracers with the valor badge ones and enchant with 40 stam.