PDA

View Full Version : Help a priest out.

Nachoman
08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi guys, I'm a priest in search of advice on specs. The two specs I currently have are PVE Holy and PVE Disc, and I frequently hop between them depending on what encounter we are facing that particular day, I have spoken with many priest throughout WOtLK and take and give advice as much as I can. I am here today to ask for your input on both of my current specs, but keep in consideration I use my Holy spec ONLY for raid healing, and my Disc Spec mostly for MT/OT heals.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ner%27zhul&n=Nachoman)

*Edit: I suppose you guys probably want a combat log or something to check out my healing style, so I will post one.
WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/6604897#healingout)

sajaki
08-17-2009, 10:41 AM
your gear is certainly much better than my priest alt, so i'll point you to PlusHeal.com • Index page (http://www.plusheal.com), i think they will know better.

Nachoman
08-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Bumping this for more input, more sources are always useful.

Insahnity
08-18-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm only gonna talk about spec, since disc gear and holy gear is completely different.

Both specs
-I know people sugges inner fire over silent resolve, but really, if they are beating on you melee styles, it's over, a few extra charges on inner fire beyond 20 arent gonna save you. Contrary to popular belief, points in inner fire DO NOT increase the spell power gain (it's a static 120 spell power talented or not). Go with Silent Resolve.

Holy Spec
You've taken far too many PVP talents, basically ignoring your single target healing. Yes, you can switch to disc, but you can't do that mid battle. If a fellow healer falls, you are screwed.
I suggest the following:
-Lose body and Soul, Spell Warding, desperate prayer, blessed resilience
-Finish Surge of Light, Pick up (in order of importance) Improved healing, Empowered Healing, and Divine Fury. I personally don't have test of faith, and instead full points in divine fury, but I can see leaving leaving 2/5 in divine fury with enough haste, a state sorely needed by holy priests

Disc Spec
-you don't need divine fury in a disc spec. Put it elsewhere, like empowered renew + healing focus, or spell warding if you are heading into a magic heavy battle.

Nachoman
08-18-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm only gonna talk about spec, since disc gear and holy gear is completely different.

Both specs
-I know people sugges inner fire over silent resolve, but really, if they are beating on you melee styles, it's over, a few extra charges on inner fire beyond 20 arent gonna save you. Contrary to popular belief, points in inner fire DO NOT increase the spell power gain (it's a static 120 spell power talented or not). Go with Silent Resolve.

Holy Spec
You've taken far too many PVP talents, basically ignoring your single target healing. Yes, you can switch to disc, but you can't do that mid battle. If a fellow healer falls, you are screwed.
I suggest the following:
-Lose body and Soul, Spell Warding, desperate prayer, blessed resilience
-Finish Surge of Light, Pick up (in order of importance) Improved healing, Empowered Healing, and Divine Fury. I personally don't have test of faith, and instead full points in divine fury, but I can see leaving leaving 2/5 in divine fury with enough haste, a state sorely needed by holy priests

Disc Spec
-you don't need divine fury in a disc spec. Put it elsewhere, like empowered renew + healing focus, or spell warding if you are heading into a magic heavy battle.

Body and Soul is a necessity in Ulduar (based on personal experience and constant talks with other great priest on the server) to reduce damage intake during hard modes, ie; moving people with Light Bomb Or Gravity Bomb out of their assigned group, quick pickups and portals on Yogg(since a raid healer usually gets initial threat), Moving people with Nature's Fury asap on Freya, reducing damage and also increasing the player's damage for the fight due to getting under a new mushroom quicker. These are just a few examples, but it has plenty of other applications.

An extra point in SoL is not very benefitial, I always get a proc off CoH/ PoM casts, also the SoL cast does not proc Holy Concentration, which I constantly try to have up due to my spirit heavy set, thus giving me tons of mana during a fight.

I will test out your theory of Improved Inner Fire, and will repost when I am done.

Cutting out Greater Heal from my healing has actually improved me overall, especially since I dont risk the life of a tank hoping that Gheal will go off before the bosses next 2 melee swings do.

Our group is consists of 6 (or sometimes 7) healers, we always have 3 designated healers to our tanks (consisting of a Shaman/Discipline Priest/Holy Paladin) so losing one during a fight will not screw us over terribly, I can (and have) heal very well if one of them does unfortunately die and I am asked to replace their position as MT/OT healer.