PDA

View Full Version : keep the defense or go w/ other gems?

luv2tank
08-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Hello, im am currently sitting at 570 defense. In different sets for avoidance I am at 553. I am wondering if I should think about taking out some of my defense gems for crit, str, expertise, etc. Just gathering thoughts if this would be good or not. I linked my armory, maybe someone can give advice or some ideas on what types they like to use. I do around 7-10k tps in raids. Well, check it. Thanks!The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Tankthis)

Petninja
08-16-2009, 02:11 AM
The gems are ok, since they're usually also providing a nice set bonus (defense isn't really bad). I'm wondering about the trinket though. It seems like an avoidance or another stam trinket would do better. Unless DRs are kicking your dodge in the ass already maybe the badge dodge one if nothing else? You could also throw on an essence of Gossamer for more straight stam (you'd lose your CD though).

luv2tank
08-16-2009, 02:29 AM
Well yea i have goss and i have ignis 10man dodge trink and the heroism dodge trink and a few others. I put diff. ones in and out for uld boss fights and such. I find black heart more usefull than essence of goss atm. Im strictly looking at my stats and gems. I have plenty av/sbv no matter what trink i use, so im wondering if maybe i should get some str, or crit, or expertise gems to give me stupid amounts of threat. I like what i put out now, however id love to put out a lot more tps no matter what situation.

Khilbron
08-16-2009, 04:44 AM
I would lose the defense gems because you can gain more by using Parry/Stam, Dodge/Stam, Pure Stam gems. You need to weigh the bonus your gemming for, and wether the loss is worth it (ie. Your legs, you gemmed +10def/15sta +10str/15sta). If you convert that +10def/15sta to a +30sta you lose the 6sta socket bonus, but you are still gaining 90hp. You will also still be way above the 540cap, I actually think at 570 your well into diminishing returns, and should regem to get more hp and/or avoidance. Some things to look at.

1. You can easily change your chest from +22def to +275 health
2. You can also change your cloak from 225armor to +22agi for the avoidance
3. +18STA shield enchant
4. (Boots) you have +10def/+15sta, you can gain 60 more hp by going to +30sta

Those are just starting points to look at. There are plenty more options out there, and by increasing your health pool, you also increase your survivability because it makes you able to get in there take 3 hits without dying.

XtreO
08-16-2009, 02:01 PM
At a point I ended up with loads of defence like you. I decided to enchant my chest for stam, shield for SVB (after SVB-buff I deem it better than 18 stam for EH), gemmed for stam and ditched repelling charge for a stam trinket. I've found having a good HP-pool helps me much more than running raids with over 565 def. In my raiding-set nowadays I'm actually critimmune through the resi from shoulder enchant.

Note that your gear got much higher potential for a great healthpool than mine.