PDA

View Full Version : how to start a guild

sinisterfear
08-14-2009, 10:13 PM
i was looking to start my own guild up in start to progress into 10 mans but im not to sure on how abouts on recruiting people and i have knowledge of boss fight in naxx and ulduar. is there any who can give me tips on how to start a guild

mattdeeze
08-14-2009, 11:37 PM
I would suggest starting a raid group first. Bring in some friends and pug some people in. those that work well invite again. those that dont, dont invite again. after a few weeks, if everyone is enjoying the experience, people will start to entertain the idea of just forming a guild to do what they are enjoying out of the game.

Karatheya
08-15-2009, 12:50 AM
There are several blogs out there that focus on guild management issues (plug: mine's one of them, check my sig).

The general advice before you start recruiting is:

- decide what your purpose will be (10 or 25? Normal or Hard Mode? Casual or Hardcode? Will there be a PvP aspect?)
- figure out how you're going to handle loot
- have some idea as to how often you're going to raid

With the recent emblem changes, it's now possible to just start once you have 5 peopel doing heroic marathons, then let that organically grow into 10 man raiding, which is good - many guilds have crumbled while in that difficult "heroic to 10 man" gap. Still, you should try to have a few core people on board before you start open recruiting. You don't want to be the guild equivalent of "LF2M Any Heroic, just need tank and healer and we're g2g".

Good luck.

sinisterfear
08-18-2009, 06:10 AM
thanks guys for the help know i have more to think about where i wana go with starting a raid guild