PDA

View Full Version : Glyphs - Advice needed

Kař
08-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Heya all,

Im in need of some advice. Im having trouble deciding what glyphs to pick (Minors I got picked, just majors I'm having trouble at).

First of all, my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&n=Ka%C3%BD)

Im currently rolling with Glyph of Blocking, Glyph of Cleaving and Glyph of Revenge. Now Cleaving I find very useful since I mostly tank heroic's and 10 mans, for the multimob packs the extra 1 target for the cleave helps a lot. Now Revenge I find quite a TPS booster in boss encounters and others.

The last one I'm not sure about tho, I need you guys to give me opinions on the Glyph of Blocking. Is it really that useful? I just really picked it because it seemed like a good glyph, but now I'm having doubts about it. Should I replace it with something like Glyph of Shield Wall or Glyph of Vigilance (is that even useful for 10 man raids?).

Any answers are appreciated really :) Thanks in advance.

-Kař

Mell
08-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey,

I really don't know what your tanking situation is but for just threat glyph of blocking, cleave and devastate would be my pick. I have recently switched to devastate because of the discussion on it here http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/53864-3-2-threat-values-devastate-2.html. I use glyph of devastate, Shield wall, and last stand because I need them to tank general vezax.

Duewfoe
08-14-2009, 05:45 PM
What your tanking will usually determine when you use specific glyphs, as Mell mentioned. My current glyph setup is Blocking, Devastate, and Shockwave.

The first of which i would call a must-have due to the additional threat and block, almost irreplaceable with other options unless for a specific encounter / tank situation.

The second I've always been a fan of even before the change to devastate in 3.2 making it even better.

The third is the one i feel is the most replaceable, possibly something i could change out depending on what I'm tanking, but for the most part i feel its the most flexible glyph for general tanking. Glyph of Cleave might end up taking it's place but i feel like the extra targets and stun from shockwave make it better for multi-tanking.

With 3.2 making shield specialization give almost triple the rage it did before and 3 times as often, i feel like glyph of revenge doesn't really have a place anymore since it seemed like it was designed to help cure rage starvation. I've noticed that in most fights since 3.2, and especially multi-tanking fights, my rage floats around 75-95 due to the rage from shield spec, so a cleave-spam or heroic strike-spam are no problem.

My recommendation is to go with Mell's pick on this one.

Kař
08-15-2009, 01:31 AM
Thank you Mell and Duewfoe for your answers. I think my decision is to pick Glyph of Devastate, Glyph of Blocking and Glyph of Shockweave. I used to have shockweave but switched it away.

I do agree what you said Duewfoe, with the 3.2 changing the shield talent I don't need the revenge glyph since Im already having trouble to dumb all the rage I'm getting. Thank you for making that clear to me :)

And Mell, thank you for that link. I hadn't even seen that thread before and now in my eyes Glyph of Devastate starts to seem worth it :)

So, Glyph of Blocking, Glyph of Devastate and Glyph of Shockweave here I come :)