PDA

View Full Version : Completely New Spec

SixStringsXD
08-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Hello everyone! I just signed up today because I wanted to come to a website where the people on the forums are mindless drones and can actually put some incite into my thoughts...

So I finally got the point where I have more than enough hit and expertise while maintaining over 31k health. I have never really had a problem tanking anything before, including ulduar however I would like to increase possibility of survival and effectiveness of a tank as much as possible.

I haven't really had any problem holding aggro (probably credit to DW spec) however it does greatly reduce survivability with the other options out there.

This is my current gear/spec:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mug%27thol&n=S%C3%A4%C3%A4lim%C3%A4t%C3%B6n)

And this is what I was thinking of in terms of talensts/glyphs:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVZGV00xZVItrh0didczsGo:rTdzmo)

It is a big change but I do a lot more boss tanking than I do trash tanking and I never really should have a problem on a boss.

Also any suggestions for gear update ideas (in terms of most effective trinkets - I am incredibly unlucky with them dropping - 26 runs for Seal of Pantheon back in the day and 14 runs for Essence of Gossamer) - any help is appreciated - I don't really want to update my gems to epic gems etc until I have an updated piece I know will last me a while - and yes I also know I have the cheap enchant on my legs, I'm in the process of putting new legs in.

Thanks in advance.

Zaganoth
08-13-2009, 04:31 PM
What i would advise, is to take the cookie cutter spec of 15/3/53 for the spec you want, you do not want booming voice or imp demo shout, you want to make sure to max out toughness,

In fact this is the spec i would advise

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVMh0fZhZVGtrx0zidIzsGo:rTdzmo)

Then you also want to Grab the glyph sunder armor, instead of HS, because as a tank rage for HS spam should be no problem, you should also now as of 3.2 be doing approx 3.1k+ Crits with 5 sunder stacked, so this allowed you to move from one target to the next without having to restack sunder armor, kind of like if rend for an arms warrior would effect the closest target so he didn't have to reapply it so he could use OP. I'm using this and the only time i have trouble on threat is when me and 2 other guild tanks are doing patch 25 and we just like to see who can do the most threat, so you shouldn't have any need to worry if you follow this spec =D

SixStringsXD
08-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Well that would make sense to me except I heard that DW got nerfed and isn't worth getting... Also getting the glyphs without the talent to reduce it even more, is that worth the glyph slots?

The idea behind what I was thinking is maximum survivability for bosses - I would probably set up another tank spec for easier tanking instances, etc - When I was taking Freya on 10 man, she was hitting me for 12k average and when I used demo shout (without talents) it reduced it to nearly 8.5k so I thought it would be a help - and the commanding presence is purely for health bonus and with the glyph would be nice.

I'm just wondering if this would indeed be a maximum survivability spec - I'm not worried about threat in any way for bosses..

Thanks for the reply and help.

Zaganoth
08-13-2009, 04:42 PM
DW may have gotten nerfed i didnt see that in patch notes, but when i took DW over my Discipline Spec my TPS went up drastically and i can pretty much afk after Emalon hits 70% is how easy it is, maybe 1 or two devastates to keep up sunder