PDA

View Full Version : I don't quite understand my Class.

Onyxian
08-13-2009, 06:30 AM
Hello my fellow Tankspotters.

I know i should have made this post months ago but i never got around to it. Plus i was a bit embarrassed to admit that i was really unsure about my class ever since Titans grip got the -10% damage reduction.

I have played Fury spec almost the entire time ive played WoW.
And when it became kinda useless i felt unsecure because i had never played Arms before in PVE.

I spent alot of time on tankspot looking up what warriors need to get as far as items and gems go. And basically all i got was that i need to stack A LOT of Armour pen.

So i attempted to do that and in the end ended up with probably more hit rating than Armour pen.

Armoury: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ghostlands&n=Onyx%C3%ACan)

So basically what im asking is, if someone could be so kind as to post a Best in slot list or perhaps inform me of what Arms warriors need as far as gems,items, weps and all that good stuff.

Also, i don't know if any of you use Rating buster but i use it alot. And ive disabled all the settings that don't calculate enchants and stuff incase your wondering.

Anyways, the point of that ^^^ is im wondering what should i be looking for in items when comparing them and what can i afford to lose in stats?

Sorry if i didn't make anything in this post clear enough :( I always make bad posts lol.

Thanks for reading!

Fizzbang
08-13-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm curious about this as well, although I'm coming from the other side of the spectrum - I've pretty much always played a prot-warrior, and only recently branched out into Arms so I could fill dps roles in raids/dungeons when needed.

I'm still getting a hang for what minimum hit rating and percentage I need, as well as best rotations and whether to gem for armor penetration, attack power, strength, or so forth.

(My armory is here (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Argent+Dawn&n=Fazbingo), but at the moment it's only showing my tanking gear)

squats
08-13-2009, 07:59 AM
theres a BiS list here

Warrior DPS Calculation Spreadsheet - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t37462-warrior_dps_calculation_spreadsheet/)

keep in mind, best in slot isnt always best. these items work extreamly well together, but balancing your stats around gear you have is whats most important

Squirrelnut
08-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Keep in mind you only start gemming for armor pen once you reach 30% ArP from your gear alone (no 10% from arms stance, no gems, no sunders).

Once you reach 30% passive from your gear then you can go all out gemming ArP up to around 50% so that with your Grim Toll proc you would be up to 100%.

The ultimate goal is to reach 100% ArP without needing the trinket proc so that you can replace the Grim Toll however you don't seem to have hardly any Ulduar+ gear so you have a long way to go before that becomes an option.

Basically your stuff seems fine you simply need a TON of upgrades from newer content such as Ulduar / ToC. In the mean time you really should try to grab a Darkmoon Card Greatness from the AH since they have dropped a lot in price and is a nice upgrade from your MoT trinket.

Conquest emblems drop like rain these days so go ahead and farm 5man heroics to pickup T8.5 head/chest and some other nice vendor pieces such as Bladebreaker Gauntlets and Belt of the Singing Blade or the crafted one. It is also a good idea to run EoE25 to go for the boots off maly Melancholy Sabatons

GL

Onyxian
08-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the reply guys!

Guess i forgot to mention that i haven't played in about 5 months so thats why my gear is pretty crappy =D