PDA

View Full Version : Death knight confused with 3.2

shadowslyr
08-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Ok so my guild recently told me that my hp was too high for a DK tank and that i need to stack more avoidance instead of stamina. Personally i am not sure if this is the best idea. the reason being this: avoidance can fail. if you dont have enough HP and you get a string of hard hits your dead. I curently have the following stats unbuffed after taking my guilds advice:
30,770 HP
27.32% dodge
23.21% parry
8.68% miss chance (not including raid bosses built in 5% miss chance)

For threat i have the following:
7.04% hit
5.50% expertise

Basically im asking for an EXTREMLY GOOD DK TANK for advice, i am not really looking for advice from people who are working to clear naxx or even 10 ulduar.

toonnamefail
08-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Bosses right now hit HARD, in order to survive, a decent tank moving through end game is forced to stack stam. Its all about the 2 hit buffer, being able to live through 2 hits before heals. I personally have 38k hp unbuffed so I would encourage yo to keep on stackin'

shadowslyr
08-12-2009, 10:34 PM
i have tanked most of 25 ulduar so i may sound like a noob by asking this: how much stamina should i have unbuffed? i am just looknig for anything to back up my idea that the added avoidance isnt the way to go.

Benihimey
08-12-2009, 10:37 PM
could you put a armory link up plox

shadowslyr
08-12-2009, 10:47 PM
i would but my dps gear is showed right now, basically here is the deal, i am almost completly 25 ulduar geared, by changing my rune to swordshattering i had to gem a full 125 extra defense... that took a large chunk out of my hp. i listed my tanking stats above, that is the best i can do for you right now

shadowslyr
08-12-2009, 10:48 PM
i am frost spec btw

toonnamefail
08-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Well log in... put on your tank gear and then logout, simple!

Benihimey
08-12-2009, 11:40 PM
imo running stoneskin gargoyle is better then sword shattering

shadowslyr
08-12-2009, 11:51 PM
just a minute i have regemmed partially.... and respeced and all give me a few minutes

shadowslyr
08-12-2009, 11:53 PM
so i respeced and kept my frost spec for my dual spec. i regemmed partially (got to farm gold to do the rest) i reruned with stoneskin, and equiped my HP trinkets so i now have the following stats:

35,661 hp unbuffed
26.26% dodge
19.03% parry
6.12% miss (once again not including raid boss miss chance)

23 expertise
7.29% hit

which configuration would be best?
i basically traded 7.8% avoidance for about 5k HP

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Haomarush&n=Shadowslyr)

Benihimey
08-12-2009, 11:56 PM
man u are gemming alot of exp do u have any gear with exp??

shadowslyr
08-13-2009, 12:18 AM
unfortunatly i dont have much gear with expertise, its sad really. but i joined this guild and i have to raid with them for months before i get any kind of loot... basically i get hand me downs... hard to say: i want this over that. but if i take away my exp gems then i will generate crap threat, and cause more damage to myself from the parry haste mechanic.

shadowslyr
08-13-2009, 12:20 AM
i also use expertise buff food

Benihimey
08-13-2009, 12:28 AM
your glyphs are kinda strange why use plauge strike dark death

shadowslyr
08-13-2009, 12:36 AM
for threat (this was my dps spec) i didnt redo my glyphs yet but i will most likely keep 1 or 2 of these. in blood spec i have always had tps issues, thats why i preffer frost more (on hodir with dps pullnig 10k dps the closes person to me only had 41% of my threat at the end of the fight.

Benihimey
08-13-2009, 12:44 AM
if i could make a sugestion on spec and glyphs

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EGV0hIsbodssL0xxZ0gh:Gdi)

is what im curently using had not prob with threat as my dots tick for around 1k and i spike threat with rune strike crits

DesT.
08-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Stamina always wins on progression fights and you get more avoidance with gear anyway. Its easier to heal big incoming damage then rely on RNG avoidance.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&n=L%C3%BBcia)
MT'd every HM fight in Ulduar 10s/25s post and after patch.

Kurtosis
08-13-2009, 05:10 PM
if i could make a sugestion on spec and glyphs

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EGV0hIsbodssL0xxZ0gh:Gdi)

is what im curently using had not prob with threat as my dots tick for around 1k and i spike threat with rune strike crits
Interesting spec, I go back and forth about Black Ice too, and like what it can do for some abilities. 1k disease ticks ftw.

Also, I assume you put Hysteria on a Hunter or melee dps whenever it's up?

Benihimey
08-13-2009, 06:13 PM
depending on fight and situation it goes onto a melee dps or onto myself to help me put in a hefty threat lead i.e hodir

dktanksrthebest
08-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Shadow it sounds like your guild doesn't know what they are talking about, why do you even stick with this guild? You don't have gear yet? and you have to be around for months? sounds like you need to leave them like a bad habit. I heard logic is good on horde side not sure of the others..oh and core I had a friend go into their guild. good luck.

Channing
08-25-2009, 05:49 PM
So in my Frost DW spec and tank gear I personally pull:
32k HP (frost presense, this is unavoidable since I have improved)
24k Armor (again, frost presence) 15k otherwise
25% dodge
20% Parry (This is with the +2% parry on both weapons)
5.60 Miss, not sure if this includes from the talent or not.
27 Expertise
8.91% Hit
11.13% spell hit
2676 AP (frost presence).
To be honest, I still stack stam in my blue slots, and +10 hit/+10 expertise in yellow and + 20 expertise in red.

My gear is completely emblem/ToC gear. (And not even done at that.)

Now compared to my blood spec, again in frost presence:
33.8k HP
5.96% miss
25.66% dodge
17.22% Parry
24k armor
8.91% Hit
11.13% spell hit
25 Expertise
2992 AP

I don't see how you only pull 30k HP in either. (unless you mean not in frost, in which case I do that too in specs)

Anyway, I would gem stam like they said. But I would also look into emblem gear. iLvl isn't everything afterall.

deathdaddy
08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi mate

just had a quick look at your gear on the armory, my gear is The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=deathdaddy)

Now before I had the t8 t9 token gear, I had mainly uld items, and I could tank all the way up to hodir with out issues.

With you gear you have now, I see no way why you cant do the same and more.

For the guild healers to say you have to much HP thats laughable, are they smoking something, you have 30% dodge allready with out the 200 proc, and all the buffs.

I think the guild healers may be the problem not you, your gear is fine if you ask me, you clearly know what your doing and you be hard pushed to get better gear with your current guild me thinks.

Give me some of your gear lol

deathdaddy