PDA

View Full Version : Can I tank the new raid

Borstad
08-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Well I recently, thanks to the patch, improved both my helm and chest. I was just wondering if I can tank 10 man ToC if even just the first boss or so or what bosses I would have a good shot at while tanking in 10 ulduar and 25 ulduar. Also, any easy to get upgrade suggestions would be nice. I am currently working on getting the sword from heroic trial of champions and am a couple badges away from replacing my legs. Thanks in advance.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Undermine&n=Borstad)

Borstad
08-12-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh and I am usally the OT in the raids

Krehinth
08-12-2009, 09:24 PM
No

Borstad
08-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Extremely short reply but thanks. How can I improve?

Consecrate
08-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Yes.

But your EH is very low. You'd probably struggle on 25 man with the final part of Beasts, as you could get one shotted but grabbing a second stam trinket should fix that.

For 10 man? Not a problem at all. I've tanked it on 10 man with 27k unbuffed HP as a cat specced mewmew druid with almost no avoidance. Just inform the healers you're going to get bummed on the final section of beasts. For Lord Faceroll you'll have NP.

Borstad
08-12-2009, 10:32 PM
Cool I have the rare stam trinket from h an if I ever need more health. Thanks.

Toblerone
08-13-2009, 01:18 AM
Throw in the Essence of Gossamar instead of the dodge trinket.

I would also recommend that you stop gemming for hit rating when working on new content. While it's annoying to see "Miss" pop up, it's not going to save your life. Stick with dodge/stam in red sockets and defense/stam in yellow until you're comfortable tanking the new content. Both will give you a higher EH and also an avoidance increase.

But as said above, the 10 man should be fine. Healers will need to work harder in the 25 man but it's not impossible.