PDA

View Full Version : I have to MT Colisuem tonite. Am I prepare?

Cronaldo
08-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Hi everyone.

I always played as ARMS DPS. Now I have to tank Coliseum 25 (Not Heroic) and I would like to know if I have gear enough to do it.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Underbog&n=Cronaldo)

And is there a formal new rotation in 3.2 to build more threat?

Thank ya!

Bouncelot
08-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Your about where I am. I am finding its slightly under-geared, but with decent healers, not a problem.

Maelstrom
08-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Your gear is more than fine to get started in there. Although a cloak enchant would be good. :)

Rotation for prot warriors is a priority system: Shield slam > Revenge > Devastate, with heroic strike to burn off rage last time I checked anyway. I'm sure a seasoned prot warrior will be here soon to elaborate. :)

robbon
08-12-2009, 07:45 AM
This is a bit of an open ended question as i could make recommendations on gear upgrades before i would attempt tanking 25man coliseum but then we dont know what you have succesfully tanked before or how much your guild has achieved. You obviously know that your gear could be upgraded so the question is will your current gear level hinder your performance and ability as MT. Probably a little, how much..not sure..depends on your skill and your raid members as much as your gear.

Your hp and hit are fine, your expertise is low and could be improved. You may find your threat generation to be lower than that of a T8/8.5 geared tank but then it depends on your raid grp. Tank stats are ok and only a little lower than higher geared tanks doing same content.

If you have tanked Ulduar content and naxx 25 content at all then you should know the rotations that will be used, if not read the forums here.

I would prefer the shieldwall glyph to the shockwave but as has been said many times before..try it.

Personally i would have tried to get a little more defence (550ish) as i just "feel" more comfortable in coliseum with the cushion over 540.

If you have good healers and good dps and you can play..then go for it. Sieze the oppurtunity with both hands.

Best advise is drop vigilance on the highest dps you have in raid and spam devastate and heroic strike til your fingers bleed. DONT spam taunts... keep them til u really need them.

read the strategy tactics and hints / tips in the strategy forum and good luck. let us know how you get on.

take your time, focus and most importantly...

remember to breath.

Cronaldo
08-12-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the quick answers.

1) I MTed Karazan, ZA, TK, BT in Burning Cruzade and Naxx 10 and 25 Man. Then I change DPS and now coming back to Tank (So I know how to tank, but there are a few modification in Tanking mechanics that Im not use to)

2) Today, before runing, I will change my Chest for the T8 (58 Emblems) I guess is gonna be a nice Improvement.

3) I will enchant my clock with Expertise.

Regarding my Guild. We did Ulduar 25 and our progess was Mimiron owned. Killing Thorim, Freya, and Hodir. When we finally faced Vezax, we got patch 3.2.

I also need 1 more Rune Orb to this: Indestructible Plate Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45551)

Warloco
08-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Your stamina seems fine, your avoidance is pretty low (block seems high, don't overvlue it). You're also gemming everything with pure stamina- which I think is a mistake (IE: I think 8 def+18 sta beats 24 stamina @ Boots).

Overal though you should be fine for tanking it.

Kazeyonoma
08-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Wrong forum bro.

I'll move it to the right forum, In the meantime, take a second to re-read the posting rules to make sure this kinda thing doesn't happen often =]

Cronaldo
08-12-2009, 11:02 AM
hey! I readed it.

But It was a mess to decide which forum use. Cuz I dont know if this thread belong to "Check my armory" or "Tanking Mechanics" I asking for both. and This one "Halp" seems to Fit for every single questino xD....

BTW, thanks for moving the thread.

ON TOPIC: "8 def+18 sta beats 24 stamina" If I do that, Im overcaping Def. Is that correct?

Griff
08-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Spec seems a little atypical.

2/2 Improved Spell Reflect has demonstrated little PVE utility outside of EoE

2/2 Safeguard - with the cooldown for intervene, you'll get little use from this - plus if you fix your spec to generate more threat, you shouldn't need to use intervene on clothies being gobbled by bosses as much.

3/3 Puncture - maybe this is better with the new devastate but I think I'd rather have 3/3 Improved Hstrike.

No 1/1 vigilance? Really?

Cronaldo
08-12-2009, 12:41 PM
yes, I saw the same, as I said, this Spec is old, I stop tanking in NAXX. Another point to my things to do list.

thanks!!

EDIT: Where may I have the best (tested) Threat generation spec??

Dustywt4
08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Spec seems a little atypical.

2/2 Improved Spell Reflect has demonstrated little PVE utility outside of EoE

Helps when tanking phase 3 of Mimiron if you choose to do so.

Griff
08-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Helps when tanking phase 3 of Mimiron if you choose to do so.

This is why god created warlocks, so we don't have to foxybox with ranged mobs:)

As for the best threat spec, you're going to find that the 15/5/51 or 15/3/53 will work best for you. The unrelenting assault build produces some impressive threat but you sacrifice stam for it, making it unsuitable (IMHO) for progression tanking.