PDA

View Full Version : Working with 2 Guilds

smashidin213132
08-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Hello everyone,

I was curious if working with a second guild is a good idea, my one is going strong with a consistant 14 to 15 members, we have done alot of CO OP raids in the pass and not realising that having the second guild to help boosts our numbers to the consistant 25 members we need.

What i am worried about being how it is how will i deal with other people even raiders whom aren't 100% commited and 2 what would be a good loot system.

Vorla
08-12-2009, 05:02 AM
I recommend EPGP, and a separate one that's only run in the coop raids (so people cant gather EP in their "home" guild to grab loots in the coop raids). It is a very transparant system that works really well.

As for making the cooperation at all, make sure both parts know what they expect and what is expected of them, and that it's crystal clear.

phaze
08-12-2009, 06:07 AM
What i am worried about being how it is how will i deal with other people even raiders whom aren't 100% commited

Plan ahead with the leadership of the other guild on what your goals are for the alliance. If you expect them to be focused on progress, then say so up front.

As long as you spell out what you're expecting of your raiding squad, it'll be less of a headache later on.

If the alliance is primarily there just to get enough warm bodies in the zone, then there may not be a lot you can do to guarantee 100% commitment to progression. It's up to you if that's a big enough problem to look for an alternative solution (alliance with diff guild, switching to a progression guild, etc).

and 2 what would be a good loot system.
As always, the right system depends on the guilds in question; you need to figure out what works best for both your guild and theirs.

If you're planning on consistent member attendance across both guilds, a point system variant can work well to encourage that behavior. If the people who attend are changing a lot each week, you may be better off with random rolls for the time being.

Guede
08-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I've been in a couple alliances with 2 guilds. Couple of ideas we discussed before any raids where scheduled where Schedule, Goals & Loot System.
The schedule and goal parts are easy. Loot can be tricky. We went with a system of all raid members get to roll and win 1 Main Spec item and 1 Tier. After they have won an item everything else is considered an Off-spec item.

Ashlov
08-26-2009, 01:51 PM
I started fresh on another server, and it was difficult attracting recruits based on a lack of reputation. I ended up finding two other 10-man guilds that were looking to do 25s, and we spent a few weeks raiding together. It turned out to be a great fit, and they both merged into my guild.

Mind you, it's always an adjustment introducing new personalities into your guild environment, but it worked out well. I consider myself somewhat lucky, so it may take you a few tries to find the right match.

Penlowe
08-27-2009, 06:28 PM
You might want to dig around the Blizz Guild Relations forum for the Small Guild Alliance, it exists on a hand full of servers and has a pretty good public records of how they are set up and function, raid rules, etc. Might even be a link in Evol's Table of Contents which is stickied ;)

smashidin213132
08-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Actually cut back on it atm into 2 U10 raid grps to progress since 25 U is not really in the cards atm.