PDA

View Full Version : Parry rating??

Coffinspire
08-11-2009, 07:46 AM
So i've been tanking on my DK for a little more then a month now and got some nice gear. i know that a DKs threat depends on being able to rune strike. but i've been having a problem where i just keep dodging and then the dps passes my threat :( should i gem for parry or is that still a no no?

Here is my gear. i know my glyphs are messed up. i had tried a frost spec and forgot to change them before i logged.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Coffinspire)

Sterbefall
08-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Until they change the DR for DKs, gemming Parry is a no-no.

Dodging doesn't hurt your threat, it still procs Rune Strike (read the tooltip).

Coffinspire
08-11-2009, 08:05 AM
hmm then i am at a loss, i'm not getting my S*** pushed in. i am able to tank everythin but ulduar 25 and trial 25 ( have not tried them) but i still have spots where i cant get a RS off to save my life, or the DPSers life for that matter :)

Satorri
08-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Aye, I'm not sure what made you think you need more parry.

Generally speaking, with a mind for best net improvements to total avoidance and threat (both from parry haste and from RS proc'ing), Forceful Deflection makes it nearly impossible for gemming parry to yield better results than gemming for dodge.

The math, if you want to see it, is buried in the Theory&Mechanics forum.

Why are you so focused on RS? It will proc as often as it does. Do you have it macro'd into other abilities?

Coffinspire
08-11-2009, 08:22 AM
no i dont have it macro'd just hot key. would it be easier just to macro it to everything i hit?

Akeber
08-11-2009, 08:27 AM
Yes.

The "danger" is in situations where you may need RP for an interrupt or to pop a CD, you could find yourself dry. Be cautious in those situations, but other than that, macro it to everything.

Coffinspire
08-11-2009, 08:29 AM
sounds great! i'll give it a shot when the servers come up. thx for the help :)

Satorri
08-11-2009, 08:31 AM
I'd macro it into your major non-RP costing abilities. I've never had it rob me of needed RP for a defensive CD (IBF, Mind Freeze). Keeping it macro'd and spamming your main buttons a little more than you need to will make sure that you get the best use you can hope for.

There is no better threat gained per RP spent, so there's no reason to bump its priority for something else. It is also very valuable to not use your other RP dumps when they would leave you with less than 20 (40 if you want to be safe) RP, so RS's never fail to fire for lack of ammo. =)