PDA

View Full Version : DK tank need a few pointers please

kyan
08-11-2009, 04:29 AM
im having a couple problems with DK tanking.

First being the spec and glyphs, ive seen a few threads regarding blood/unholy spec. and i was wondering which i should stick with. I personally prefer unholy for tanking anything but that might just be because im more used to it then with my current blood spec(not certain on blood rotation). i recently tried the new 10 man encounter with my guild and blood seemed far better for this because of vamp blood.

second query is my avoidance and gemming, when tanking raids such as ulduar 10 i feel very squishy and dont like how often im getting hit, is my avoidance to low or is it normal for my current gear level?. the guild im in only runs 10 mans which is the sort of gear level im aiming for.

any advice or constructive critisism is welcome:)

im fairly new to this forum so i dont know how to link in my armory without quoting the whole site address, so id be grateful if somebody could explain it to me
thanks

Zivh
08-11-2009, 04:48 AM
Sure!

1. Find your toon on wowarmory.com.
2. Copy the address from your address bar in your web explorer.
3. Click on the "Insert Link" button in the bar at the top of the posting box.
4. Paste the link into the dialog that pops up.
5. Change the text between the tags surrounded by square brackets to whatever you want, such as your character name, or Armory Link or something like that.

For example: \[URL="http://www.google.com"\]Your Name Here\[/URL\]

The "\" will not appear, this is an escape code to show the tags as opposed to them parsing.

kyan
08-11-2009, 09:23 AM
ok thanks :)

hope this works

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kazzak&n=Kyan)

Asylan
08-11-2009, 12:23 PM
Ok, I have a couple things.

I was told not to use the sigil you have currently equipped. Use Sigil or Awareness, or anything else you have that helps your dmg attacks. It will greatly improve your threat. Start making your way toward the new sigils from badges of triumph which you can get from doing heroic dailies.

I personally frost tank, because I love the play style and the general idea of being a frost DK. If your trying to find specs and glyphs appropriate for you, first ask yourself what it is you will be doing most? Are you add tanking or main tanking? If your add tanking more than main tanking you wont want to be Blood at all. Blood is a much better spec for single target threat and survivability, mainly for hard modes. Either frost or unholy will benefit you most for AOE tanking. I highly suggest Suno's fireside chat on Elitist Jerks' Death Knight forum. Suno lays out the cookie cutter tank specs for 3.2, along with glyphs and rotations. People post comments regularly so I check it often for updates. Suno's Fireside Chat - DK Endgame Tanking (Updated) - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t44638-sunos_fireside_chat_dk_endgame_tanking_updated/)

On WoWHeroes your almost geared enough to tank 25 man. You shouldn't really be having too much trouble in 10 man. Basically you just need to focus on getting more dodge, less hit, and more expertise.

kyan
08-11-2009, 01:40 PM
When i first hit 80 i was a frost tank, i really enjoyed it and the play style/CDs but i struggled with threat a bit which made me try unholy. which i liked for its threat and aoe abliities, mainly being unholy blight but now that its been changed and i have alot better gear i could go back to frost and try it.;)

as for the role i play, im in a 10 man guild and i tank along side a prot warrior, we both take it in turns MT/OTing but normally i maintank as i have slightly more HP and avoidance then he does.

thanks for your response and the link, ill go have a read.