PDA

View Full Version : DK tank gemming advice

Dunchaz
08-11-2009, 04:00 AM
Since 3.2 launches epic gems, I will have to redo all my gems, I recently read that a (DK) tank, once expert and hit cat are reached, should stack/gem for stam, and in no way for avoidance.
Personally I don't see why, I checked Ciderhelm's armory and I see that he does it. I'll include and armory link (/praying that it shows tank gear) I hope that you guys can tell me:
1: Why gem for stam and not for avoidance after expert/hit cap has been reached
2: What gems would you advice me to use Amory link here (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kor%27gall&n=Dunchaz)

Zivh
08-11-2009, 04:43 AM
The reason for stacking stam instead of avoidance is simple and two-fold:

1. You can't dodge/parry massive magical attacks.
2. You can't beat the RNG every time, and inevitably you will take two 20k hits in quick succession, and without the HP, you will die.

P.S.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever gem Parry. Period.

Dodge is "ok" to gem but stick with Dodge/Stam or Expertise/Stam instead of pure dodge for Red sockets, Stam for Blue, and if you ever find a yellow socket...well..probably just go with Stam anyway, unless you need hit rating or defense, then go with hit/stam or def/stam.

Missgunst
08-11-2009, 05:17 AM
The reason for stacking stam instead of avoidance is simple and two-fold:

1. You can't dodge/parry massive magical attacks.
2. You can't beat the RNG every time, and inevitably you will take two 20k hits in quick succession, and without the HP, you will die.

P.S.

Never, ever, ever, ever, ever gem Parry. Period.

Dodge is "ok" to gem but stick with Dodge/Stam or Expertise/Stam instead of pure dodge for Red sockets, Stam for Blue, and if you ever find a yellow socket...well..probably just go with Stam anyway, unless you need hit rating or defense, then go with hit/stam or def/stam.

Everything said, stamina is the most reliable source in any way, so you should always stack it.

Dunchaz
08-11-2009, 05:27 AM
Thanks a lot for clearing it up, I see why stam beats avoidance (for gemming), the parry gem found on my items was to test the new parry rating -> % lvls in 3.2
I'm gonna get stam/expert gems for the red spots untill I have it at 26 (currently on 21) and then if I still got red spots I go for dodge/stam for blue/yellow spots I'll put in the new (epic) stam gems

Zivh
08-11-2009, 06:54 AM
You can go the route of putting dodge/stam...or you can continue stacking exp/stam up to the hard cap of 56.