PDA

View Full Version : Problem with amount of damage im taking

wowitsdavid
08-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Here my armory -The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Wowitsdavid)

A few healers and I noticed im tanking alot of dmg compared to other tanks and Im not sure why. Im currently thinking of trying to redo some of my gems for more stamina or maybe more dodge, but not sure which gems also to replace for it. Currently trying to get The Black Heart to replace Darkmoon Card : Greatness just no luck with the drop yet.

r45hnu
08-11-2009, 03:56 AM
I have the same problem (My armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight%27s+Hammer&n=Ritualist) ). I haven't been playing WoW for 3 months. I have returned to the game last week and yesterday when I tanked ToC 5-man HC mode, the druid (simmilar level of gear as mine) couldn't simply keep me up during the fight with Black Knight.

I have no idea what's going on. I never had this problem before in none of the heroics neither in Naxx. I understand that I was frost specced, but really, never wiped 4 times on a boss in Heroic Dungeon simply because healer couldn't keep me up.

We did it finally, when druid left and holy pala with t8 joined us. Is it me or something else is wrong?

Zivh
08-11-2009, 04:00 AM
Not gonna lie to you, the Black Knight is NOT an easy fight, on phase 3, there is a ton of raid damage and even geared in mostly Ulduar 25 gear, I have died in there on multiple occasions ;) Once that stack gets up to 6...say good night to the group.

Aashir
08-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Here my armory -The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Wowitsdavid)

A few healers and I noticed im tanking alot of dmg compared to other tanks and Im not sure why. Im currently thinking of trying to redo some of my gems for more stamina or maybe more dodge, but not sure which gems also to replace for it. Currently trying to get The Black Heart to replace Darkmoon Card : Greatness just no luck with the drop yet.

Go farm heroic AN every day for EoG, although a blue trinket. Even with an item level of 200, that's your bis pre ulduar, and now Black heart. If you can try to get some expertise based gear, your eh is low with all those expertise gems stacked, I'm not a dk tank, but I'd imagine its crucial for you to be 28. You're gimping yourself around 1900+ stam it seems.

Gumurak
08-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Get rid of every experise gem you have for stam. Gemming for expertise is used to fill in gaps. Not to take over exclusively. On content you need effective health. And since you arent hitting the expertise cap anyways of 26. Theres no reason to gem for it. geming for it only works if you have the gear to back up the rest of it. hence if you look at my profile you will see I have gemmed for it. But I have far more other gear to trade off the loss of health for it. Currently you should be gemmed stam unless you have a socket bonus that gives you avoidance of any type. To which youll want to use a gem that fits the slot. Also look up Kilobyte on Thorium Brotherhood, copy his frost tanking build. Yours seems a bit off to me but i cant put my finger on it atm.

uglybbtoo
08-13-2009, 12:28 AM
You can min/max some stuff but gears fine ... Phase 3 is a DPS race.

Punch your CD's at start and try and hang on don't wait for the damage. The less damage you take the more heals available for the party and the longer the healer can keep them up. If you die with every CD used you have done what you can either the heals were not good enuf or dps too low.

This is one of those things DK's have to now get used too using all CD's like all the other tank classes.