PDA

View Full Version : im new, need some help

BlazOfGlory
08-10-2009, 06:14 PM
I've recently got this game. i have been playing for a couple a months. my pally is only level 54 and speced in prot. as a tank i would like to know what i should look for in gear. stamina, armor rating, spirit, ect. any other advice to help in the future will also be appreciated.

Nytemayr
08-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Personally, I think that you should only have Stamina and Strength until around level 63, when instancing becomes a large part of experience gaining.

Toward 70, you should look at items with Defence, Hit and Expertise, and get used to sacraficing Staming and Strength for those stats.

Edit: At 80, if you wish to remain prot, you want to work heavily on your defense rating, getting it to 530 so you can run Heroic Dungeons, and once you get there, work for 540 to run Raids. Just remember it's 4[Might be wrong...] Defense raiting on items for 1 Defense skill.

Petninja
08-10-2009, 06:55 PM
I think it's more like 6 defense rating at 80, and you'll want 535 for heroics. Technically you only need 5.4% crit reduction for heroics, which 535 defense will provide. There should be a ton of starting out guides kicking around this place. I know it's how I first learned to tank.

Nytemayr
08-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, if you're feeling confident in yourself, you can do heroics [like I did] with 530 defense, you'll take a lot more damage, so you need a healer who will pay attention too, but that's out of your control.

In term of things you can work on right away, you can get reputation with the Argent Crusade to get the helmet enchant [32 stam + 20 defense]. Also when you hit level 70, if you have the gold for them, but armor kits that add stamina to your equipment [Helmet, shoulders, gloves, legs, boots] to increase your health.