PDA

View Full Version : Need some assistance and tips.

Nytemayr
08-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Hello, I'm new to Tankspot, but I use the videos a lot to guide my raids on my previous characters.

I've created all types of characters, from healing to melee DPS, but I find nothing as hard as tanking.

My warrior's Armory is Here (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Shadowskin). But if you don't want to see the link, my stats are:
HP:24531
Armor: 22417 | Defense: 546 | Dodge:18.19%
Parry:17.55% | Block:15.84% | Power: 2251
Hit:141 [4.30%] | Crit:5.97% | Expertise: 16[4%]

I need more Expertise and hit, that I'm aware of, but where to get it is beyond me.

Also, I was on RaF with this character, meaning my experience as a tank is quite low. I was wondering where someone could get a lot of experience in add picking up, and main target focusing. Most of my 'mistakes' are based off people not waiting on threat generation, which is beyond my control, but I noticed that I am very weak in grabbing adds or pats. If there's an instance that would possibly increase my 'skill' at that, I'd appreciate to know which it is.
Thanks for reading - Nytemayr~

Insahnity
08-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Looking at your gear

-You missed your helmet 8 expertise bonus. Put in a hit gem in there, or a hit/stam gem. You will retain 8 expertise but get extra hit.
-Put 22 def to chest. As you upgrade to epics, you will lose defense, this will help you stay afloat. Incidentally nax gear has oodles of expertise, and ulduar gear has lots of hit.
-enchant glove with 20 hit rating
-Change leg gems to hit/expertise or defense/expertise

Once you have made those changes, consider dropping some defense gems for hit gems, or expertise/defense gems. I would do this after you are in all epics, since as I mentioned earlier, your upgrades will automatically have hit/expertise at the cost of defense.

Off topic note, put on THIS leg armor. As you upgrade your panties, upgrade to epic version of patch. The rare version is affordable.

Finally,

Moo! Moooo! MooMooMooo!

Archylus
08-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Mmmm heroics a lot of heroics.
Get more expertise, that will help you with aggro.
MAybe UP to get Red Sword of Courage - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37401)
also get essense of gossamer from AzN
If my maths doesnt phail :P you can take of some DR gems and put some expertise for now.....

And Search for tanking rotation.
Charge, thunderclap, Cleave and devastate in the targets ( tab will help a lot here )

holyjebus
08-10-2009, 03:20 PM
HoL has a few pats you could train on. threat generation just untill you are more confident with tanking you tell them in a nice way wait for you "slow is fast""fast is slow" then you work on other tanking skill threat mangament aoe etcetc as for getting Exp and hit i guess Gems or enchants.

Nytemayr
08-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Mm, yeah, I've been wanting to change my helmet gems for a while, but sadly I don't have access to WoW right now.

Also, I don't want to enchant those pants simply because they're not nearly as good as the Bolstered Legplates, which I've been farming for for a long time...
The instances I've been [trying to] running have been VH and GD, I haven't tried UP because both skillfully and gear-based, I didn't feel like I was ready for a high-end instance.

Nytemayr
08-10-2009, 03:49 PM
I was also wondering if there's a certain way I should spec, I currently have a PvP type of Prot-spec, but I'd like to PvE more.

Eraser
08-11-2009, 03:14 AM
Heya,
Just putting in my two cents you should be running H VH to get Bolstered Leggings from the last boss - awesome pair of leggings. Then start to lose def from your other gear and start getting health/avoidance. Also getting +22def to chest is a good for over the cap fairly easily.

For talents, Iron Will and Anger Management are basically no good, so best to drop points from them. Pick up imp HS instead of Iron Will. Also get Incite, probably one of the better threat talents we get (I'm thinking using the points from bloodrage, anger management, and cruelty for it). Finally move the points from Imp Discipline (it does have it's place in ulduar) to imp Thunderclap.

Aashir
08-11-2009, 07:18 AM
Your spec is a bit wierd, I'd recommend you drop anger management, and 1 point into cruelty, drop an additional point from imp revenge and put those 3 points in incite. If you're having problems with just heroics, you may want to glyph of cleave; it's great for mm tanking as a class with not much aoe tps here is a macro that should be a big help!

#showtooltip Cleave
/targetenemy
/cast Cleave
#showtooltip Cleave
/targetenemy
/cast Cleave
#showtooltip Cleave
/targetenemy
/cast Cleave

copy and paste to your macros and watch your aoe threat go up with every click

Nytemayr
08-12-2009, 07:25 PM
I have another weird question.. but I'm going to ask anyway because I don't notice it:
How does Critical Block work?
Thanks to everyone for their talent / macro help aswell. <3