PDA

View Full Version : Halp! Threat Issues..

Coro
08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
It is seriously bothering me with threat, was there any change to priorities or anything?

I was blood pre3.2 and no one could pull threat off me, now I am having a VERY hard time keeping threat. It's not so hard mid fight, but I have NO snap agro, or at least I don't feel like I do.

At the begining of fights my DPS has to give me a couple seconds to establish agro, and sometimes still pull agro off me. The first northrend boss I would start with a DnD, and start my rotation up, and my off tank warrior would charge in and MAYBE cast shield slam and would have agro off me. Pre3.2 he would try his hardest to pull threat off me and couldn't do it.

My (priority) rotation is:

DnD pre-pull
Diseases (Frost Fever, plague strike, pest)
BB

Initially, I would cast Death Strike to get death runes, and then just keep spamming BB while keeping DnD up, and diseases up with pest.

As I said, the problem seems to be initial. If DPS gives me ~4-6 seconds then I'm golden, but since our guild has a DPS issue in the first place (which means I'm not going with DPS pros here), that 4-6 seconds means quite a bit.

*edit to put in armory* The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Corothall)

Also, I use the bottom blood spec, the top one was me playing around and I never use, gonna change that to a DPS spec in a while, but I go with the base 52 / 8 / 11 spec.

Sterbefall
08-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Why are you spamming BB? The Northrend bosses are single or dual target, meaning you should be using DS and HS. I'm not even sure why you'd use DnD (I guess you might be able to justify on pull, but

renzime
08-10-2009, 01:34 PM
one thing man, Bloodboil is a waste of rune unless there are more than 2 targets even then its dubious as a simple tab and Heartstrike is far more effective along with mouse over targeting for deathcoils (rp permiting ofc).

as for your initial threat dnd is permissable, but you will find your self waiting on rune cooldowns for longer and thus eventualy losing agro to your OT if your not careful, so go IT PS HS HS DS and you will be way further ahead on threat than wasting your runes and global cooldowns.

it might be worth noting that using dnd or pestilence on any of the Beasts of northrend encounters is a total waste of a blood/death rune as you cant actualy get threat on or damage the snobolds.

Coro
08-10-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm sorry, I was having two part conversation there.

The above rotation is my normal trash rotation, on single target fights i do

DnD pre-fight, IT > PS > DS > HS > HS

The BB is for my normal AoE fights. I gave an example, and then I switched it up in my thinking process and went with normal trash rotation.

Edgewalker
08-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Disease rotations are always bad at the start if you want snap threat. Open with DS, HS, HS, then diseases for single target, rune strike where you can in between.
Once you are in a normal rotation you shouldn't have any problems... nothing change between patches.

Insahnity
08-10-2009, 01:59 PM
On a side note, your hit rating is abysmally low. You need to get to 263 hit rating, increasing that is a pretty big boost to your threat. It may not have been an issue before because the hits that did land before may have done enough threat to not be an issue, but you are now back amongst mortals now. And if it is still pretty low, for aoe aggro you could respec a bit and drop corpse explosion and hysteria for 2 points in virulence.