PDA

View Full Version : Another tanking question

Calito
08-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Formerly i played caster dps, then i tried out DK and found it interesting. First i tried dps in blood specced and enjoyed it but the idea of tanking was more interesting and i figured out that is something i would try out since it seemed very fun. I like the frost tanking specc since it gives you lot of threat although i still have problem keeping aggro. Ive read alot of the threads here about tanking and the various way to do this but i still have some questions.
I love the frost tanking spec, and would like to keep it, ive also thoug about DW tanking spec but i still not think it is the way to go, can i have some advise to build me a viable frost tanking specc?
What is the most important thing to get on my gear, dodge?, parry?
Here i is my armory http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grim+Batol&n=Calito. (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grim+Batol&n=Calito)

I would appreciate any advise since i am very new to tanking but eager to learn it.
Thanks in advance for answers :)

Calito
08-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Btw. i am currently unspecced for tanking since the spec i had did not work for me

Insahnity
08-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Your issues with holding threat are probably a direct results of your budding gear. As your gear improves you ability to hold aggro will improve. Rotation is important, in terms of timing your HB. A mistimed HB will leave you scrambling for aoe threat. Locate your upgrades in heroics and grind them out (I find reg TotC is pretty kind in terms of itemization for DKs). Once it is all fully enchanted and you have hit your caps (defense, expertise, hit, in that order), and follow some standard advice on rotation on this site you should have no issues whatsoever. Once you have your caps, then you can work on more stacking stamina and/or avoidance. As for dodge or parry, don't go specifically for one or the other, get a good mix. I personally use enchants and gems to get to my caps, and then from there on stack stamina, as usually my gear upgrades start to have significant avoidance built in.

Calito
08-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Thnx alot :D